Sparkling 2.0 Slider disappeard

Hi,

First of all: Wonderful theme, I really like it and it worked really good.
But since I did an update to 2.0 (using a childtheme), my slider doesn’t work anymore.

I’ve got two posts with the right tag to be included with the slider(it worked before, and I changed nothing about it). Ofcourse I checked the featured image with both the posts, they are o.k.

Is there a solution for this, or someone else with the same problem?

Kind regards,

Batsiaan

Hi Batsiaan,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

The slider is working fine for me using latest version of Sparkling theme.

Is it working fine for you if you don’t use the child theme and instead uses the Sparkling theme?

Have you added any custom code in the Sparkling child theme?

If yes then could you please share me your child theme code so that i can troubleshoot it?

Kind Regards,
Movin

Hello,

I am having the same problem with my website. I was running a child theme and after the update today the slider is not displayed. You can check the complete code of my child theme here. Also, I have uploaded in a file the custom CSS rules I was using.

I tried reverting to the main theme and the slider reappears. Finally, if you check the source of the website, the footer and last DIVs do not close, as if something “die”'s in PHP.

Please let me know if you have any ideas, otherwise, I will have to rebuild the child theme.

Thank you,
Dimitris

Hi Movin,

Thank you for your reply! I don’t use a lot of custom code in my child theme. But I prefer to use the child theme.

Is there any way I can use the slider code from the Sparkling theme in my child theme?
If i create an empty header.php file in my child theme, and I add this code
<div class=“top-section”>
<?php sparkling_featured_slider(); ?>
</div>

Wouldn’t that work? (Can’t check this right now…)

Kind regards,

Bastiaan

Same problem here. Using a child theme and lost the slider.

Looking forward to a solution…

Hi

I have install fresh site , slider work but always having blank slide as first slide

help me ( Ver 2.0)

Hi Dimitris,

Thank you for sharing the child theme.

I have used your shared child theme and it also didn’t display the slider for me so i troubleshooted the code in it and found in the child theme footer.php file you are calling the function sparkling_social which is replaced with the function sparkling_social_icons in the latest version of theme so i changed it accordingly and the slider started working for me.

I have attached your updated child theme to this reply so could you please try using it on your site and let me know how it works for you?

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Bastiaan,

Is there any way I can use the slider code from the Sparkling theme in my child theme? If i create an empty header.php file in my child theme, and I add this code

Do you want to customize the slider code in your child theme?

If yes then you can edit the slider function sparkling_featured_slider by overwriting it in your child theme by copying it from the following Sparkling theme file in to the functions.php file of your child theme.

/wp-content/themes/sparkling/inc/extras.php

If you want to change header.php file then just copy it from the Sparkling theme directory in to your child theme directory.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi @ktizo,

Could you please share me your child theme so that i can troubleshoot the issue?

Regards,
Movin

Hi @pasindu,

It seems you are having different issue than the issue mentioned here so to help keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/sparkling/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Cheers,
Movin

Thank you. Attached are the files in my child theme.

Hi @ktizo,

Thank you for sharing the theme.

I have tested your shared child theme on my site and found you are facing the same issue that i have described in the following reply.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/sparkling-2-0-slider-disappeard/#post-33706

To resolve the issue, you have to just add the following code in the functions.php file of your child theme.

function sparkling_social(){
	if( of_get_option('footer_social') ) {
	 sparkling_social_icons();
	}
}

I have modified your shared child theme to resolve the issue and attached the updated theme to this reply so just try using it and let me know how it works for you.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi movin, that fixed it! Thank you very much!

Also, I have said it in the past and I will say it again (they’re not paying me to say that):
I have been working professionally with WordPress for years and I always either purchase themes or use free ones. The speed of support and help, politeness and thoroughness I’ve seen by the colorlib team is simply the best. Ultimate respect for you guys, really.

Hi @Dimitris Damilos,

Thank you for your kind words and you are always welcome here :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Movin

Back in business! Thanks so much! Appreciate your quick solution!

Glad I’ve got a backup with Sparkling 1.9. I’m gonna put that one back on. Can’t get the slider working and I see that my ninja forms don’t work or whole layout is changed.

For me, this is an horrible update. I’ m gonna go back and hopefully, in the near future, updates will be better.

Hi @ktizo,

Glad you are back in business!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Movin

Hi @seltaeb,

Have you tried using the solution posted in the following reply?

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/sparkling-2-0-slider-disappeard/#post-33798

Regards,
Movin