Sparkling Child Theme - Download, support, function examples

Solution : remove wp_enqueue_style( 'child-style', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/style.css', array('parent-style') );

Hello,

I don’t have any IT background. Could you please help me with three issues (with sparkling-child.zip theme)?

1. I would like the image on the header to be full width which is not at the moment. Please have a look here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3LHDNe9Vw6NNGc4WVZuUkpEOU0/view?usp=sharing
    Could you please explain how I can make it wider?

2. I would like to remove the border on each page and post. How can I do?

3. I would like to have different header images on each page/post. Is it possible ?

Thank you very much for your help.
Kind regards,
Kikou

Im having problems with my childtheme for sparkling. It creates a double wide space to the right on my website visible on mobile devices.

On apple it shows up as white space to the right, on android you can scroll to it horisontally. I NEED HELP. Have also posted a separate thread with no response that I can see.

My site is www.annalerneryd.se

Can you tell me what the problem is and help me fix it?

I am really having problems with the Sparkling theme. Changes that have been done previously to css files are reverting to earlier versions and edits not staying as they should. My developer is constantly ‘re-fixing’ issues resolved months ago. Is they anyway to stabilise the theme so it doesn’t pull from versions of style sheets that are not wanted? My developer has over 10 years experience and he is frustrated with this theme ‘breaking’ his edits.

Hi there,
love the theme, love the support. You guys are awesome.

I ran into a problem with a Sparkling Child Theme. I want to add a setting in the customizer. The change I need to make is in inc/customizer.php. Based on the explanation at the beginning of this thread I copied the function (function sparkling_customizer()) into my child functions.php and changed it there.

After doing that, neither the backend not the frontend loads anymore. Could this be a problem of redeclaration? Looking at extras.php I noticed that some function declarations there start with checking whether they have been declared already ( if ( ! function_exists( ‘…’ ) ) : ). That is not the case for sparkling_customizer().

Maybe I am wrong though. Any idea to get around that?

Best regards,
George

Hi there,
awesome theme, great support. You guys rock!

I ran into a child theme problem. I created a child theme and want to add customizer options. As explained at the beginning of this thread, I copied the function I needed to change from the parent’s customizer.php into my child’s functions.php. The function is sparkling_customizer().

When I do that (even without a change), neither the backend nor the frontend loads anymore. Blank screen. I noticed that the original function in customizer.php is not check on existance, e.g. if ( !function_exists(…
Could this be the problem? Maybe a re-declaration issue? Or am I doing anything wrong?

Best regards,
George

Dear Aigars, I have a question about necessity to use child theme.I instaled the original sparkling theme and started to customize it step by step. some changes were made in functions.php - two lines regarding the custom link in menu were added. Also, I changed some colors and add several plugins.

How I understood: in case of theme version update all my customization will be lost: like color, font size. What else would not be saved?

How about update for the child theme?

And the last last question: can I change the currently used theme to child-theme without any loss of information.

I look forward to geeting your answer!

Thank you in advance!

Hi There,

This is old thread and to help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/sparkling/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Thanks,
Movin

I know i am not posting in the right place but I couldn’t see any New Topic button. My website is www.benmorfis.co.uk and I am using the SParkling theme. This morning when I checked the blog, the search button was in chinese instead of the normal search button icon. Can you please help me solve this? THank you.

@benmorfis If you log in to this support forum and visit this page https://colorlibsupport.com/c/sparkling/ then you will find the Create New Topic form on that page as shown in the attached screenshot.

Hi, how did you but color on the nav menu? Can you please send me the solution? thanks alot :slight_smile:

@lech07 To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/sparkling/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

Yes i already did. Thanks to check and help me

@lech07 You are most welcome :slight_smile:

When trying to make a child theme with Child Theme Configurator, it says there’s 3 errors:

Notice:  Undefined index: size in /var/www/clients/client29/web126/web/wp-content/themes/sparkling/inc/extras.php on line 304

Notice:  Undefined index: style in /var/www/clients/client29/web126/web/wp-content/themes/sparkling/inc/extras.php on line 304

Notice:  Undefined index: color in /var/www/clients/client29/web126/web/wp-content/themes/sparkling/inc/extras.php on line 304

extras.php has the following content:

303:  if ( $typography ) {
304:      echo '.entry-content {font-family: ' . $typography_options['faces'][$typography['face']] . '; font-size:' . $typography['size'] . '; font-weight: ' . $typography['style'] . '; color:'.$typography['color'] . ';}';
305:  }

When I echo out what’s in $typography like so:

303:  if ( $typography ) {
304:      echo "/*";
305:      print_r($typography);
306:      echo "*/";
307:      echo '.entry-content {font-family: ' . $typography_options['faces'][$typography['face']] . '; font-size:' . $typography['size'] . '; font-weight: ' . $typography['style'] . '; color:'.$typography['color'] . ';}';
308:  }

I get this as a result (in between a <style> block of course):

/*Array
(
    [face] => Helvetica Neue
)
*/.entry-content {font-family: Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; font-size:; font-weight: ; color:;}

Is this something I did wrong (if so, how do I fix it), or is this a bug?

It seems to be resolved when I go into the theme customizer and change each of the values (font-size, font-weight, color), pressing [Save & Publish], and then changing them back to what they were (so they’re back to what I wanted them to be).

So for some reason the customizer knew where to get the values for those fields, but the extras.php didn’t.
“Resetting” them with the customizer did fix it (temporarily?).

I’m still curious to know why this happened. And more importantly: will it happen again?

@dajf As said previously to help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/sparkling/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

Hi there, good morning
After the release of Sparkling theme 2.3.2 I wanted to ask you, if there is anything to change with the child theme? What exactly are the changes to 2.3.2 (Removed redundant functions and replaced with ones from WP core.)?
Thank you very much for your reply and best regards,
Robert

@rozu As said previously to help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/sparkling/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

Hi Movin,
I’m very sorry, that I messed up the thread. Fortunately you could remove it.
I’ll pay more attention in futre, promised!
Best regards, Robert