Sparkling child - top level dropdown menu not clickable

I am working on this website and when I create a dropdown menu the label in the top level menu becomes unclickable. They all have nothing written in the title attribute section in the menu editor. This seems to be contrary to the theme documentation of what should happen. I can find instructions on how to make the unclickable but not how to make them clickable! Any support warmly welcomed.

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:
Which menu element you use for that menu? is this a custom link? there is no link added in the menu elements there, only # symbol, make sure real menu elements like page, posts, a category is used as a top-level menu element,
If you still have a problem, use this plugin to create temporary access for us, its automatic login link and does not requires sharing your admin details. here is How To guide. at the and don’t forget about  “Set as private reply” at the bottom of the message box  

Hi Noda

That is great thank you. They are definitely not custom links they are pages. I have installed the plugin but I need to know your email address and what level of permissions access you will require. Also will 3 days be long enough for you?

Cheers
Kerry

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

3 Days would be fine however we do not have an email be provided in this case so you can use a dummy email in this situation and provide us with the link.

Best Regards,
Support

Okay here is your temporary login URL.

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:
I hope you are also having a lovely day
Kerry

Hello there,

I was able to update the plugins and the theme but that seemed to work, Please let me know if you have any other issues.

Best Regards,
Support

Okay that does seem to have resolved it thank you. It has also completely changed the customisation and display of the website so I would have preferred if you could have suggested I tried that so I could prepare and back things up first before just landing me in it.

So I have a couple of challenges I’d appreciate your support with.

One of the new things that I haven’t yet resolved is how to change it so that on the categories pages it just displays the name of the category without saying category before. For example I want ‘Workshops’ and it currently displays ‘Category: workshops’. So I would appreciate support on changing that.

It is also not very clear to me which menu items have a dropdown as the arrow is so far away from the text. And I was hoping there is a way to stop the second level drop down on about me>areas of work from falling off of the edge of the page.

Cheers
Kerry