Sparkling Theme no longer working

Hi,

I logged on to my wordpress admin console and was in the normal process of adding a blog post to my website, www.skindevotee.com and all of a sudden I could no longer access it as it switched the theme to the default theme.

After trying to revert to the child theme which I am using, it suddenly no longer loaded the wp admin dashboard either, nor did it work when I went to my website domain.

The following error showed up each time:

Warning: require_once(/home/joannaku1a/skindevotee.com/wp-content/themes/sparkling-child/inc/widgets/widget-categories.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/joannaku1a/skindevotee.com/wp-content/themes/sparkling-child/functions.php on line 187

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home/joannaku1a/skindevotee.com/wp-content/themes/sparkling-child/inc/widgets/widget-categories.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear’) in /home/joannaku1a/skindevotee.com/wp-content/themes/sparkling-child/functions.php on line 187

I contacted my hosting company Dreamhost and their tech support were able to restore my ability to log back into the admin panel, but with the condition that I use the default theme since they said something was wrong with the Sparkling theme and so I should contact you to find out what the issue could be.

My website is currently using the default Twenty Seventeen theme, but I would appreciate it if someone could please help me understand and figure out what the problem could be and how to fix it.

Thank you in advance.
Joanna

Hi Joanna,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me using latest version of Sparkling theme.

Please try deleting and reinstalling Sparkling theme.

Also this can be child theme issue on your site so to confirm it just temporary use the Sparkling theme instead of child theme on your site. If everything works fine then it’s your child theme issue so just share me your child theme so that i can troubleshoot it.

Best Regards,
Movin