Static Home Page With Sidebar

Three newbie questions.

1. When I published a static page to my front page, I lost the sidebar. How do I get it back?

2. What’s the best way to add four, horizontally-aligned boxes to the static front page? In bootstrap, I’d just use row and column widths.

3. Why does the editor strip <p></p> from my HTML?

The site is http://kosherhealthfitness.com/.

Thank you.

Update: I modified some of the text html/css. The sidebar is back, but below the text. So not really a sidebar.

Please advise.

Hi @rabbidubrow,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1) When I published a static page to my front page, I lost the sidebar. How do I get it back?

Please make sure you have set the right sidebar layout to the page to appear sidebar at the right side as described on the following page.

2) What’s the best way to add four, horizontally-aligned boxes to the static front page? In bootstrap, I’d just use row and column widths.

I am not sure what you meant by “horizontally-aligned boxes” so could you please share me the example of it?

3) Why does the editor strip <p></p> from my HTML?

It’s not theme specific issue but default functionality of WordPress. You can stop it happening by using the solutions posted on the following pages.

Update: I modified some of the text html/css. The sidebar is back, but below the text. So not really a sidebar.

Do not do this and revert the changes that you have made. Just set the page layout as described above.

Best Regards,
Movin