Static Home Page

This is kind of a two-part post…

First, I love the slider option for the Sparkling theme. However, is there a way to make it so that it’s a fixed size and that the images don’t change the height of the slider each time the slide changes? (If that makes any sense.) As it is now, the slider height changes each time and thus moves everything else on the page kind of move up/down.

Second, is there a way to make it so that the homepage widget areas aren’t in three columns? (I have the “Recent Posts” widget repeated in each as just placeholder for this mockup). I’d like to have the next area possibly be full width, too, if that’s possible.

Thanks in advance!

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile: In order to check your question i need to see your live website, please provide url and i will take a look

Oops…it’s https://thecaraficionada.com :slight_smile:

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

1. For the slider it would be best to add images that have the same height and I noticed that you removed the slider from the homepage.

2. The 3 widget areas are designed to be in 3 columns so you would have to remove content from the column that you do not want to use and add it to the singular homepage widget area.

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks! Yeah, I was only messing with the slider in the “live preview” and didn’t publish it since I wasn’t happy with how it was looking.

Is there any way to “disable” widget areas? When I was messing in the live preview, I tried to have things in just one homepage widget area, but it just stacked everything into the single column and didn’t fill out the rest of the page width.

Hi there

“Is there any way to “disable” widget areas?” - just clear it from the widgets :slight_smile: