Styling Issues - theme default inline stylings are overwriting my Child Theme style.css

Hi I just installed the Unite theme and created a child theme from it. When I inspect my code, it looks as if it is adding inline styling somehow to my pages that I did not put there in the editor. It seems to be conflicting with my style sheets. Can you please advise?

thank you,

Jaclyn

Jaclyn,

Please post your website URL and I will look into it.

Most likely inline styling comes from Theme Options. Not Custom CSS field but settings themselves but I can’t be sure unless I have seen your website.

Hello,

The page it seems to be effecting can be found here: http://162.144.99.26/~sacrealt/events_center/info-pricing/

thanks,
Jaclyn

There is a very little inline styling and everything that there comes from what you have styled via Theme Options. You can see it here:

a:hover {color: #2d7b91;}.site-info a {color: #999999;}.social-profile {color: #2d7b91;}.entry-content {font-family: verdana; font-size:16px; font-weight: normal; color:#616778;}.page .entry-title {
    display: none;
}

The main thing you should be concerned is that your Parent theme style.css and Child Theme style.css are exact copies. So basically every style is applied twice. You need to use Child Theme style.css only for changes you make and not clone the entire thing.

If you want to overwrite any of styling set by inline CSS you can add !important at the end like this:

a:hover {
	color: #2d7b91 !important;
}

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you for the breakdown. Much appreciated.