Sub-level menu with categories not working

Hello, thank you for the great theme, it looks fab!

I’ve managed to solve most of my design queries by searching through this forum but unfortunately the help on previous posts regarding category menus hasn’t worked for me. (I’m a complete novice with html and I’m trying to avoid writing any script if I can!)

My issue is that despite setting up my main nav menu correctly as all the troubleshooting posts on here and on wordpress.com suggest for using categories, I cannot seem to create a menu in which my specified drop-down categories work. The parent category is “destinations” and the child categories are the countries. I also wanted for the parent category to be clickable but I’ve seen in another thread that this is not supported by the theme/bootstrap? Is there any way around this? I’ve seen a few child-themes that you’ve suggested people install but when I went to install these it came up with error messages so looking for some individual help if possible.

Here is my site - www.sotheadventurebegins.com

Thank you,

Frances

Hi Frances,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

To make the top level drop down menus work on clicking on it please use the latest version of Activello theme by downloading it from the below page.

Have you added sub menus to destinations menu as described on the following page?

If yes then please share the screenshot of it.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hello, I have tried to install the latests theme from the link so attached, but was met with an error warning which I think means that I already have the most up to date version installed? I’ve attached a screen shot of this and of how I have my menu set up. I hope this helps make more sense of why I can’t get it to work?

Thank you!

Frances

Hello, I have tried to install the latests theme from the link so attached, but was met with an error warning which I think means that I already have the most up to date version installed?

You are getting the error message because the themes directory of your WordPress install already contains the directory Activello-master so just delete this directory and then install the theme from the shared URL.

I’ve attached a screen shot of this and of how I have my menu set up. I hope this helps make more sense of why I can’t get it to work?

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” when replying to this topic?

Hello, I’m sorry for the trouble! I’ve deactivated all plugins but its still not working. I’ve tried to delete the theme from my directory and when I click delete it says “theme cannot be deleted because it does not exist” but when I try to install the theme from the link it tells me that the destination folder is still there. Please help!

My username is francesFR
and my password is nattoDl2

Thank you so much,

Frances

I logged in to your site and resolved the issue by changing the depth of menu in the function activello_header_menu to 2.