[Support Request] Incomplete Articles Displayed on Category Page

Hi there,

I have set all my categories as the menu on the homepage. In one of my category, it supposed to have 23 articles in total. But there is an issue when I click into it, I can only see 19 articles in total. There are some articles missing and not displayed under the relevant category page.

However, when I search the article with the search box, I can find the article with the correct category (which means the article is not hidden or unpublished).

Can you please help me to look into it?

I suspect the articles are hidden by the repetitive two articles on the top.

*The category I mentioned: 初创企业
Website link: zhishangdaily.com
I have attached the screenshot of the total number of articles

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:
Sorry, but are you asking about backend side of the WordPress or frontend of the website?

1. backend - this is WordPress side, our theme does nothing here, amount of articles here can be enabled from the “screen options” button on top right side, choose the number of articles to see on this page, if some default functions of WordPress does not work in your installation its good idea to search it in the web
  2. if you asking about frontend - please give me a direct link to the category
    Thanks!
    Colorlib Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for your swift reply.

As you can see from my screenshot, I have a total of 23 articles posted for this category, but the frontend side only shows 19 of them.

However, if I search it from the search box, I can find the article, just that it is not shown on the category page.

Yes but there is a pagination at the bottom and if you go on other pages you have other posts as well

Can you quickly check this problem on the default WordPress theme? just activate one of wp theme and check if you have or not have same problem

Hi,

I have activated a theme called Twenty Three, and all the supposed missing articles appeared.

You may compare my staging website and live website with two different themes below:

Page 3 Missing Articles not shown:
Title - 韩国网购平台Coupang融资20亿美元
Title - 高飞的消费者科技股蒸发1万亿美元

Page 2 Missing Articles not shown:
Title - Skype联合创办人融资1.05亿美元
Title - Go-Jek正式在新加坡公测

Hello,

I hope you are doing well today.

I checked both the sites and the missing posts seems to appear for both of the sites without any issues.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi there,

Sorry, I think I sent the wrong link to you.

Here’s the correct one:

As mentioned:
Page 3 Missing Articles not shown:
Title – 韩国网购平台Coupang融资20亿美元
Title – 高飞的消费者科技股蒸发1万亿美元

Page 2 Missing Articles not shown:
Title – Skype联合创办人融资1.05亿美元
Title – Go-Jek正式在新加坡公测

Alternatively, you may calculate the total number of posts to compare.

Hello,

Thanks for that.

What have you done differently on the staging site? Have you installed all the new updates on the live site?

Best Regards,
Support

Hello,

Thanks for that.

What have you done differently on the staging site? Have you installed all the new updates on the live site?

Best Regards,
Support

Hi there,

Nope, I did not do anything different. I just created a staging site, and change the theme according to the instruction given above.

Yes, my WP is up to date.

Hi there,

I managed to solve the bug.

Replace Line 34 in archive.php with this:

<?php $count = 1; ?>
<?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
<?php
$count ++;
if ( $count > 3 ) {
continue;
}
?>