[SUPPORT REQUEST]

Hi,
I’m having a similar problem to another user so have also added a comment there.

I can no longer access the customization section of the IIIDLY theme - it just hangs in loading mode (see attaxhment).

Please could you help me resolve as I need to complete the website by early next week.

Many thanks,
Nicola

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Please try disabling any third party plugins that were not bundled with the theme as one of them may be causing a conflict.

Please try using the following plugin to clear your WordPress cache too:

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

Thanks so much for the fast response.

I have tried all your suggestions but the customize section still will not load. I have tried activating other themes and their customize section is working so I don’t think this is a problem with the server - although I’m not a techie?

Do you have any other suggestions - would it possible for you to take a look at my WordPress dashboard?

Thanks for your support.
Nicola

Hello there,

You can go ahead and provide use with a temporary login using a private reply. There is a private reply checkbox below the textbox.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

I’ve added a plugin to create a temporary login but I think I need your email to send you the login details?

The site is nicolasiddons.co.uk

Hi -
I’ve created a temporary administrative login here (it’s under my email: [email protected] and name: Color Lib:
http://www.nicolasiddons.co.uk/wp-admin/?wtlwp_token=e9b64f004204784764d9cfc8a8f1faf4
Let me know if this isn’t ok for you to use

Thanks!
Nicola

Hi,

I just wondered if anyone had managed to take a look at this issue. Could you let me know if it’s something you can resolve as I need to find a solution for an upcoming meeting.

Thanks for your help,
Nicola

Hi,

Could you please let me know if this is something you can look into.

If not, I would really appreciate a reply to let me know so I can try another fix or an alternative theme.

Many thanks,
Nicola

I’ve found a fix on another thread - rolling back to the previous theme - there is a bug in your latest version.

Whilst I understand you can’t offer unlimited support for free themes you should have been professional enough to reply to my comment rather than leaving me hanging.

Hey there,

We do apologize for not responding in the appropriate manner.
Happy you found a solution though.

Let us know if you need help with anything else

Best Regard,
Support.