Tag url filter returning blank content

Hello

i wanted to filter posts in categories and on main page by tag (where available) but it returns blank content.

Any idea what might happend?

Where there are no posts with that tag it returns the default NOTHING FOUND It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.

My page is idei.arhispec.ro and the aforementioned filter is on the menu on the homepage and categories. It ads the /tag/slug or ?tag=slug codes - on the “alege un domeniu” dropdown.

Does it have to do anything with the default display of posts?

Any help is well appreciated. Thank you!

Hmm, i think i might got it … in only two categories i have more than 2 posts … and it shows the 3rd on the category that has 3 posts and 5 posts on the category i have 7 posts. So the first two posts in the newspaper-x-archive-first-posts get the two spots even though they are not from those tags …

So the problem is that
in the category pages
the two posts shown in newspaper-x-archive-first-posts don’t get filtered
neither by /tag/slug nor by /?tag=slug.

Any help in code for filtering those two? Or if it’s easier (though not as nice looking) … hiding them on filtered tags and showing 3 normal posts in category style?

Hey there

Sorry about that, let me check it from inside, please use this plugin to create temporary access for us, its automatic login link and does not requires sharing your admin details. here is How To guide. at the and don’t forget about  “Set as private reply” at the bottom of the message box

On what email should i set it up?

Thank you

https://idei.arhispec.ro/wp-admin/?wtlwp_token=2fe024dbecd7376432312fb357cc51c4

I’ve tried to modify this part

have_posts()) : while(have_posts()) : the_post()

Scythe, I can help you if some theme options or settings are not working but unfortunately is limited to provide any customization or function modification, sorry, I hope you understand

Well, for me it seems that the newspaper-x theme query isn’t doing what it should eg. getting the query, a thing that should work out of the box / wordpress basic themes. It isn’t a customization. i just want to show on the default archive the posts with a certain tag … and the first two posts filtered by the archive-first-posts function are not filtered by tags.

so when i navigate to /tag/example … it show me the posts with the tag example … which is not doing by default on the two first posts.

Correct me if i wrong since you are the expert and this is your theme.

it should* show me but it doesn’t (forgot the should) …

so to further explain … right now on the archive template (other than homepage) … if i navigate to a tag page filtered taxonomy while having the default newspaper-x theme - 2 big posts / banner / the rest of smaller posts + sidebar … it shows the first two posts which i have no idea how are queried and then it shows the normal “filtered tag” query - the first two posts. This doesn’t feel like it should happen …

that’s why i’m assuming this is a bug and not a customization … but like i said you are the expert much more than me :).