tagline in second language

Good morning!
My site is in two languages and I am controlling the translation for all of the pages and posts. However, I do not see how to control the translation of the tagline. It seems to be automatically translating the tagline that I have written in the “site identity” section and it is not how I would like it to be translated.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help!

Hi @akmeans,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please tell me how you are translating your site and share me your site URL where it’s displaying so that i can help you to correct it?

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,
Thank you for your quick response!
I am personally doing the translations, so i’ve created an English and Italian menus and am inserting and personally translating the content. I have written the tagline in English - and somehow it translates itself but I’m not sure where or how and I would like to change the Italian translation.

my site is www.thevinewoods.com

Thank you so much for your help!

I visited your shared site and it is not automatically translating for me as shown in the attached screenshot.

Please advise.

Hi Movin,

Strange - you see that also when you click on the Italiano link on the side bar?

This is what I see… first photo English, second Italian.
Again - I set the English phrase - I would like to control the tagline in Italian.

Thank you for your help!

Hi Movin,
My last message made me wonder - is it possible to move the language links up to the Navigation bar instead of the side bar? Maybe in place of the search bar in the upper right hand corner? That way even from a cell phone the language can be changed from the navigation bar.

Thanks again!

This is what I see… first photo English, second Italian. Again – I set the English phrase – I would like to control the tagline in Italian.

Yes i see the same.

Are you using following plugin to translate your site?

If yes then please contact the plugin author to translate tagline.

My last message made me wonder – is it possible to move the language links up to the Navigation bar instead of the side bar? Maybe in place of the search bar in the upper right hand corner? That way even from a cell phone the language can be changed from the navigation bar.

You can achieve this by adding custom language links in the menu as described on the following pages.

http://easywpguide.com/wordpress-manual/appearance/updating-the-menu/adding-a-custom-link-menu-item/
https://codex.wordpress.org/Appearance_Menus_Screen#Custom_Links