Text and language flag on header (child theme)

Hello there!

I have build my site with your wonderful theme. It is amazing and so is the support. So far i have made most of the changes needed only by looking in the forum.

But i didn’t find the solution to my problem and you like some help.
I want to add text left of the header logo image and language flag on the left of that text. So far i managed to have the language flags by following the instruction on this thread (https://colorlibsupport.com/t/hot-to-add-text-under-social-media-icons-in-travelify-theme/) but i had to change the header-extensions.php file of the main theme.
My code from line 80 of the file

<div class="container clearfix">
		<div class="hgroup-wrap clearfix">
					<section class="hgroup-right">
						<?php travelify_socialnetworks( $flag ); ?>
						<!-- outputs a flags list (without languages names) -->
						<ul>
							<?php pll_the_languages( array( 'show_flags' => 1,'show_names' => 0 ) ); ?>
						</ul>
					</section><!-- .hgroup-right -->
				<hgroup id="site-logo" class="clearfix">
					<?php

And i also found this thread (https://colorlibsupport.com/t/image-logo-and-text-in-the-header/) but i didn’t understand how to use the plugin.

-First question is how to implement the first change (flags on the header) on my child theme so i can update travelify and not lose the changes i made.
-Second question is where do i put the plugin

Thank you!!!

Hey there,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

1. Simply copy the file you wish to edit into your child theme folder.
  2. Install the plugin as you normally would - Download the zip file, go to plugins and upload plugin.

Best regards,
Support.

Thank you for the quick reply.

In my child theme folder i have only two files, functions.php and style.css. I have coped my modified header-extensions.php file there and restored the unmodified file to the original theme and lost my change. I also have created the structure of the original theme travelify-child/library/structure and coped the file there with no change again? Any comments please!!!

Best Regards.

Hello again,

i have made my change with a different way, i have installed the plugin and made the change in the plugin code so now if i update the theme the change will stay. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the great support

Regards

Hello there,

I am glad you resolved this issue.
Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

Best Regards,
Support