The customizer is so limited, is this normal?

The customizer only displays very minimal options for editing the theme. I installed it and realized that it didn’t reflect the one I saw in the demo video upon installation. I don’t know if I made a mistake or if this is normal…

If it is, are there any plugins I can install that will give me more options to work with - typography, color & backgrounds, etc.

I attached a photo of the options my customizer provides. Please help!

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

The customizer has enough options to customize the theme however there are always options can only be changed with the aid of CSS or PHP code.

There are a few other plugins that can be used to add more customization options. Here are a few:

Best Regards,
Support

Thank you, these are wonderful!

Hello there,

I am glad the plugins worked for you.
Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi again!

I’m really happy with the plugins you suggested.

I’m curious as to whether there are more plugins that I can install that allow me to visually edit the actual content/text boxes on a page. I wanted to incorporate more interactive pages (buttons and widgets) just like the front page that the Shapely theme offers. What can I do about this?

Hello there,

A page builder such as the Site Origin Page builder however certain intricate details would require you to change the code of the element in the theme. You can request assistance here regarding visual changes and we can provide the CSS for you but for more detailed changes a developer would have to be used.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Support

Great!

Are there any plugins that could embed videos on the front page like this website does: www.joshflagg.com

I tried to use Video Background but it isn’t working for me. I’m guessing it has something to do with the theme’s front page feature.

Thanks again!

Hi,

You can try the [Shapely] Video Section Monosnap

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

The Shapely Video Section widget doesn’t work for me.

Here is what I’ve already tried:
I uploaded the video onto Vimeo and pasted the URL into the widget
I tried other videos to test if the problem was the particular file I was using
I made the file size smaller
I downloaded the plugin “Video Background”

Nothing is working for me. I’m not sure if it has something to do with the position I have been trying to put the video in. I specifically want it to resemble the website I linked previously.

Hi again,
I haven’t received a response, can someone help me?