"The Events Calendar"-events on Homepage

Hello all,

For my website I would really like to have event pages (in my case from The Events Calendar plugin) to show on my homepage, including a header image which is then shown on the slider, just like regular posts.

At the moment I just embed the content of the event on a post using the Insert Pages plugin and redirect links from the post to the event using another plugin, followed by excluding the post from search to prevent duplicate results, once again by using a plugin.

The main problem I have with this is that I can’t put in a “read more” tag in the post, as it is inserted by shortcode, so the post on the homepage is pretty long. Also the entire ordeal is complicated to say the least. So I hope there’s someone able to help me achieve my goal is an easier manner.

Thanks in advance and I’m sorry if this has been posted before,

Thom

Used plugins:

Insert Pages – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org
Safe Redirect Manager – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org
Simply Exclude – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org Nederlands

Hi @thomdj,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting here.

Have you checked the theme option “Show post excerpts?” on the following path?

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Sparkling Options -> Content Options

Also could you please share the page URL from your site where it’s not displaying the “read more” tag so that i can troubleshoot it?

Kind Regards,
Movin

Hello, I am having a problem with The Events Calendar as well on ILLDY. The title to the page appears to be “Archives:Events” and I was wondering if there was a way to fix this? Thank you.

@remicasa This is old topic and related to Sparkling theme so to help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/illdy/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.