Theme & Admin Page Gone

Thank you for the beautiful theme.

After installation of the theme & once you click activate, it goes to a completely blank page and you can’t get anywhere. Not even back to the dashboard or admin screen. Not sure what is going on.

Thank you for any help.

I have the same issue.

Running WordPress 4.4.2 with PHP 5.3

After first activate fail, uploaded theme via FTP, and imported demo and widget files as per instructions.
Theme would not preview and when activated, white screen of death - nothing.

Can easily delete and start again from scratch, but feel same thing is going to happen.

Would like to use your theme, so a solution woulf be very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Hi There,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me using latest version of Shapely theme.

Please make sure that you are using latest version 1.0.1 of Shapely theme from this page Shapely - One Page WordPress Theme - Colorlib and recent version of PHP.

Also can you please try temporary enabling WP_DEBUG mode? To do this, just go to wp-config.php include this:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);

You might already have a line for WP_DEBUG, so just make sure it’s set to true.

Let me know what errors if any you are getting when you face this issue.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Reinstalled WordPress, now 4.5 - PHP is 5.5
Reinstalled Shapely 1.0.1
Changed file widget-home-clients.php to latest file
Activated ‘WP_DEBUG’

Loads theme preview as far as…
Fatal error: Class ‘shapely_home_clients’ not found in /***/public_html/wordpress/wp-includes/class-wp-widget-factory.php on line 57

Which is…
public function register( $widget_class ) {
$this->widgets[$widget_class] = new $widget_class();
}

Actually you are using older version of PHP. The latest version of it is 7.0.4 so please try updating the PHP version or use the custom solution posted in the following reply.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/error-after-activate/#post-51034

Hi Movin,

I can’t use PHP7x on our servers - not available - and not available on many hosts in the UK as PHP5.5 and 5.6 are still current and supported by PHP.

Reloaded the fix for widget-home-clients.php and pleased to say all is now working :slight_smile:

This is a comment, not a criticism, that your theme, and any future updates need to support all current iterations of PHP, otherwise this issue will raise it’s head again and again. I know enough about coding and development to replace and modify files via FTP, but it does seem from many questions you receive, this is not the norm.

Thanks again for the fix and support, much appreciated.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

Yes we are going to fix this issue in the future version of the theme and we have logged it here https://github.com/puikinsh/shapely/issues/8