Theme not working

Hi,
I am a newbie at WP & themes, but do have some programming skills. I have tried all instructions on your website to load the “illdy” theme, however I don’t seem to get the front page to load up as demo!
I using latest WP v4.6, illdy.1.0.25 theme + plugins as requested at load time. I have also tried different location (ie sub directories install incase), etc but still no joy.
When I setup “Front page displays” to using “Your latest post” then I get photo1 and if I try setting to a static page with “Sample” page instead for Front page then the theme kind of works as shown in photo2 (however I see text from sample page and parallax counter section does not show up at all no matter which order I try). Please help?

BTW: If I set the Front page as recommended on your website then I get a RED cross in Action required stating the following:

Actions recommend to make this theme look like in the demo.

1. Get the one page template

If you just installed Illdy, and are not able to see the one page template, you need to go to Settings -> Reading , Front page displays and select “Static Page”.

Which when I set up I get the photo2 results and counter failing and not looking like your demo

Hello @papu,

This seems quite strange, can you maybe provide a screenshot of the red cross message?

The second screenshot looks like the demo page, what seems to be the issue with it?

Let me know more about it, and if you still feel like something is not going right and you can provide this kind of information, please consider to send me temporary admin dashboard access via a private message so I can have a live preview.

Regards

Hello @papu,

This seems quite strange, can you maybe provide a screenshot of the red cross message?

The second screenshot looks like the demo page, what seems to be the issue with it?

Let me know more about it, and if you still feel like something is not going right and you can provide this kind of information, please consider to send me temporary admin dashboard access via a private message so I can have a live preview.

Regards

Morning,
I have taken a few more photos of the problem and hopefully this will help to shed more light on my problem:

Photo1: You can see that I have set the “Front page display -> Your latest posts”. This as per recommendation on your theme documentation, but the RHS view is nothing like the demo window

Photo2: Goes against the recommended settings and show what happens when I set the Front page to a static page (please see superimposed menu on LHS). The actual webpage is showing me to start with “Sample page” (somehow??), followed by About page, but note I have set Counter several times in Section Order (before and after), however in the page you do not see this at all or the parallax effect. This setting defies documentation recommendation so clearly is not correct point to start from

Photo3: Shows what you requested i.e. in the main LHS menu you can see a red exclamation mark next to the theme. When you click on it, you get RHS “Action required dialog” box open and suggesting to set a Static page option, which again defies the recommendations

I can setup a temporary FTP to the folder and pass this info to you. Will this be OK and if so please send me your private email.
Thanks once again for your help and I keep investigating at my end for the time, but it will be a shame if I have to drop this theme that I like so much

Regards

Hello @papu,

Please set up an account for [email protected] and I’ll have an investigation of this issue in the shortest possible time.

Sorry for the trouble!

Regards

Thanks I start setting one up soon and sent you info for it.

BTW: I spent most of my day today learning how to setup a WAMP on localhost of my PC and install WP. I just wanted to make sure that it is not something with my hosting services at eHost.

Guess what? This theme shows EXCATLY the same issue on the localhost as seen on external host server. The SW version of WP was v4.6

Has your team tried this release of illdy+ plugins (Jetpack, contact form7) theme with WP v4.6 and checked it worked?

Hello @papu,

I’m looking forward to the account information and a close investigation of the issue.

Of course, we have tested the latest version of WordPress, JetPack and Illdy theme and everything is working just right.

Best regards

Please check your email…

The solution to @papu’s issue was related to theme installation and documentation.

After proper setup, section display and new custom information everything is back to normal.

hello colorlib team , I have the same problem with “your lastest post”
I do not see the “A Front Page Like On Illdy Theme Demo” (How To Create A Front Page Like On Illdy Theme Demo - YouTube)

there is a solution or
is the theme problem ?? thanks!

Colorlib might think of improving thier instructions…
Looks like there are more then me confused!

Hello @amartin2112,

Please have a look here at issues #2
https://colorlibsupport.com/t/faq-common-issues/

You need to switch the Dashboard > Settings > Reading Front page Display from your latest posts to a static page. Let me know if you got it alright.

I will track this in the documentation and fix it, sorry for the trouble.

@papu, I would have loved from you to provide the information directly since I already did the same fix for you the other day.

I am sorry but I was busy and did think it right to tread on your toes!

Hi there,

My site was displaying on a single page the different sections Jumbotron Section / About / Projects / Testimonials…
Since today, the front page is only featuring the blog section (articles) on front page,
I have checked the replies, but I don’t have the choice for “Static Page” in [Settings → Reading , Front page displays and select “Static Page”] see screenshot

I updated to the last WP version (4.7)
I’m running the Illdy theme 1.0.35

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best

PE

Hi @lepublicnme,

Pleasy try to go in Apearance, Customize, General options, and see if you could select from there static front page.

Thanks,

Cristian

Hi Cristian,

thanks for your reply, unfortunately no solution with Apearance, Customize, General options

Any other idea ?

incompatibility between the Illdy theme and the latest WP version (4.7) ?

Thanls

PE

Hi,

I just tested and for me is working perfetcly. Please make sure that you have a page created so it could show the static front page.

Thanks,

Cristian

Thanks it seems fine know.

Thanks for the reactive help !

Best

PE

Glad that this worked.

Thanks,

Cristian