Things I Would Like To Do in Dazzling

Hi there!

I am relatively new to dazzling and there are a couple of things that I would like to accomplish with this theme for the site: https://thewisemoneymanager.com

These are the things that I would like to do:

1. Put more space in between the top navbar and the slider
  2. Put more space in between the navbar links (so that they spread out across the entire navbar) and move the logo around to the left or the right to see where it is more visually appealing.
  3. Take away the white space on the outside of the slider
  4. Reduce all of that blank space in between each post on the main page.
  5. Optimize the site for mobile and cellular so that 1) the links work and 2) the navbar does not dislodge and move down beneath the logo.

If anyone can help me with all of these custom CSS changes, I will be incredibly thankful!

Warm regards,
John

Hi John,

See my answers below:

1. Put more space in between the top navbar and the slider.

Use this css code and adapt the value as you wish.:

.navbar.navbar-default {
padding-bottom:25px;
}
  1. Put more space in between the navbar links (so that they spread out across the entire navbar) and move the logo around to the left or the right to see where it is more visually appealing.

First, give a width to the navbar:

.nav.navbar-nav {
    width: 100%;
}

Then, add a padding:

.navbar-nav>li {
    padding-right: 34px;
}

The logo to the right:

.navbar-header {
float:right;
}
  1. Take away the white space on the outside of the slider

Use pictures that have the desired width to fill the white space.

1. Reduce all of that blank space in between each post on the main page.

Give the article a height:

article{
height:50px;
{
  1. Optimize the site for mobile and cellular so that 1) the links work and 2) the navbar does not dislodge and move down beneath the logo.
  1. The links are working
  2. The theme was build like this, the navbar is showed beneat the logo, to modify this you will require some work from a developer.
    Just an advice : why don’t you try to use just text for your logo? or a smaller logo, maybe the icon on the same row as the text?

Thank you,

Cristian

Thank you so much! That helped a great deal. I have another question now: is there a way to hide the slider on tablet and mobile?

Warm regards,
John

Hi John,

Since is a new topic we kindly ask you to post a new thread. We ask this because we want the forum to be very easy to follow.

Thank you for your understanding,

Cristian