TinyMce margins in admin area

As this is my first post, let me say, “Wow.” You colorlib folks have done a remarkable job with these products. I’m not easily impressed, but you sure elevate the game for a LOT of other plugins and themes. Well done.

Now, I have an external stylesheet (managed by the “Custom CSS & JS” plugin) , and I am trying to adjust the editor margins in the TinyMce editor (in post.php)

My CSS looks this:

#tinymce {
margin:9px 50px !important;
}

This rule works just fine when entered in Chrome Inspector, but fails in the style sheet. (But it does nuke what’s there, slightly.) I know there is something special about admin screens, AND I know it can be gotten around, but it’s been about 2 years and my Wordpress is pretty rusty.

I suppose the plugin could be at fault, but doubt it, as it’s simply serving an external sheet. What am I doing wrong here? Thanks in advance.

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Please go to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and try pasting the code there instead.

Let me know how this works.

Best Regards,
Support

Nosir, that does NOT work, Changes there only affect the normal site pages, not ADMIN pages or the editor
I have tried to create an editor-style.css file as instructed here, but that doesn’t work either. I have never seen a theme this resistant to admin changes. SOMEWHERE, you are styling it, but I cannot find out where. Can you please find out from one of the developers how this can be done? Thank you.

Could you please tell me why you want to add TinyMce margins in admin area and share the screenshot of how you want it to display by sharing the screenshot of it so that i can help you?