title on page as on category -"Subpage"

Hello,

i have set up a blog with a menu in the header. This menu consits of 3 categories and 2 pages.

The category-“subpages” have a title (with the name of the category) and then below that starts the first entry of this category.

The static pages have a title as well, but this one is inside the content-area and not above it as in the category-“subpages”.

This results in the fact, that the content-area of the pages is placed higher as the first entry in the category-“subpages”.

What i am looking for is a way to have the title shown everywhere in the same manner. I attached a picture of the “problem”.

Hi @hurz,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting here.

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it’s happening so that i can help you to resolve it?

Kind Regards,
Movin

Hello movin,

sorry, for answering so late, i was away and did not see your answer. The URL is:

Hi @hurz,

I visited your site and found on the category page the category title is displayed outside the content area but the post title is displayed inside the post content as shown in the attached screenshot taken from your site and my site and this is because the category title is not part of post content.

It 's the default behavior Sparkling theme.

Could you please tell me how you want it to display so that i can help you to display it?

Regards,
Movin

I think there are more solutions:

• most best would be, that the sidebar would align it self with the start of the box with the first content (on the startpage as it is now, but on the categories as in you picture, i would start with the first box, not the headline)

• second would be, that the sidebare always starts at the hight of the box on the categorie pages, even on the start site

• or the text of the startpage starts later and the sidebar stays where it is, so that you have a larger space without a headline text on the start page

Hi @hurz,

Thank you for your reply.

– most best would be, that the sidebar would align it self with the start of the box with the first content (on the startpage as it is now, but on the categories as in you picture, i would start with the first box, not the headline)

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Apperance -> Theme Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

@media all and ( min-width: 991px ){
body.archive.category div#secondary {
  margin-top: 68px;
}
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi,

First: THANK YOU BIG TIME for all the work and support and help you give me. Thx!

That works fine, but i run into one problem and one thing i have not thought off:

1. The code works for FF (newest version) and IE (win7 new version), but not for Chrome. There the sidebar does not move down.

2. Now i see that the solution i asked for is not 100% the best (SORRY!), but is there a way to move the whole .main-content-area down but only on the front page and pages (but not categories)? I tried

.main-content-area {
margin-top: 108px;
}

What did the job, but of course also moved the conent-area down on the categorie pages as well :slight_smile:

Best regards
Hurz

Hi Hurz,

1. The code works for FF (newest version) and IE (win7 new version), but not for Chrome. There the sidebar does not move down.

I am using Chrome browser and it’s working fine for me.

Try clearing the browser cache and make sure you are using latest version of Chrome browser.

2. Now i see that the solution i asked for is not 100% the best (SORRY!), but is there a way to move the whole .main-content-area down but only on the front page and pages (but not categories)?

Could you please try using the following CSS code to achieve this?

body.home div#content {
  margin-top: 115px;
}
}

Regards,
Movin

Hello,

Thank you very very much! I had to adjust the px numbers a bit, but now it works. And i even found out how to do the same on the Links and About pages. All three changes are now part off my child theme style.css:

margin-top: 71px;
	}
}

body.home div#content {
		margin-top: 118px;
	}
}

body.page div#content {
	}
}

The result is this … just as i wanted it: www.wirsinken.de … Perfect help, thank you!

Best regards
Hurz

Hi,

ok … one more thing … i dont get it why if i hit “Weiterlesen” on an blog entry, the page moves up again:

Is that a different body than home or page? I tried article, main-content and other that i found by looking at the page with the firefox debugger, but none worked.

Best regards
Hurz

PS: i realy REALY need to learn this shit, so i do not have to bother you :frowning:

Hi Hurz,

ok .. one more thing .. i dont get it why if i hit “Weiterlesen” on an blog entry, the page moves up again:

Because it’s not just the page but the blog post page so for this page you have to use code as following.

body.single-post div#content {
	}
}

You can combine all of your previous code as following.

margin-top: 71px;
  }

body.single-post div#content,
  body.home div#content,
  body.page div#content {
  }
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Hello Movin,

first, thx again for all the help. The pages are now shown correctly as the rest, but strange is, that i did not change anything. So maybe there was just a problem with something else.

So thank you for all your help to a n00b :slight_smile:

Best regards
Hurz

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: