Too many pictures in slider after update

Hi there,
my site is this: www.julis-eventer.de
And after the update i have lots of pictures in my slider but i want only the current 4 or 6 - otherwise its getting too long to change and the loading time is also very long. Is has no sense for me that it changes so often because the main page is not the page whre the people are very long.
Maybe you can help me to adjust this problem? Its new since the update.
Thanks for help,
best regards,
Juliane

Hi Juliane,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

In the latest version of theme we have removed the slider posts restriction so it displays all the slider posts having slider category.

You can control which posts to display in the slider by adding or removing slider category from the posts.

If you still want it as the older way then you can try achieving this using the child theme colorlib-child-theme-103.zip shared in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/activello-update-has-given-me-too-many-featured-posts-in-slider/

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi There,
thanks for your answer. I cant use only one category for slider - its really impractical…
i already tried the child theme which you create for the other topic. It doesnt work for me and accordingly crashes my complete layout, colours, logo and so on…

Any other ideas?
Best regards,
Juliane

thanks for your answer. I cant use only one category for slider – its really impractical..

I am not sure what you meant only one category here so please describe it a bit more in detail.

i already tried the child theme which you create for the other topic. It doesnt work for me and accordingly crashes my complete layout, colours, logo and so on…

Have you tried the child theme colorlib-child-theme-103.zip shared in the following topic?

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/activello-update-has-given-me-too-many-featured-posts-in-slider/

If yes then tell me how are you using it?

After using the shared child theme you have to reconfigure the theme settings in the customizer and it doesn’t mean crashing.