Top banner picture of page is the same on everyone and how to remove date on pag

Hi,
I’m new at wordpress and am using the shapely theme, which i am very happy with but there are some things I don’t know how to change or remove.

my web consists of different categories and every time I create a page there is a banner at the top. I love the banner but I would like a different picture for each category and every time I change it it changes on all pages.

I attached an example.

On the other hand, I also want to know how to remove the date that under the banner of each page (looks like a blog).

Attached picture.

I would really appreciate any help on these 2 manners.

Thanks so much in advance!

Hey there

Please provide a link to your 2 categories, by default it’s not possible but I can help with custom CSS

Hi,

Thanks so much for your reply.

Here is a link to one of my categories: http://yourbestonlinestores.com/sample-page/womens-fashion/

Here you will find the picture of the header and the date of the creation/update of that page which I would like to remove.

And also how do I remove in the URL /sample-page/?

Thanks a million!

Hi there

This is what ti see on the link you provided: Screenshot by Lightshot

Is it because I made it private? Sorry I will remove the private tag if that is the case.

Should work now!

Good evening

Its not a category page, its simple page and not the category??

Hi Noda, Sorry I’m very new to creating a website. I didn’t know there was a difference. I mean I just created a page and it’s a page for my categories (which is a part of my website). What is the difference? Should I be creating category pages and not sample pages?

Hi there

no worries about it :slight_smile:
Yes, they are different and they work differently, you can use this code to hide the date:

time.entry-date.published {
display: none;
}

regarding unique images on each page, you can use this code:

.page-id-247 .header-image-bg {
background-image: url(http://yourbestonlinestores.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/cropped-stephane-mingot-tXxyqjaXvRs-unsplash-scaled-1.jpg) !important;
}

in this code, you have to change page id XX, code can be added in the appearance > customize > additional css

Thank you so much! This is really helpful!

Thank you too :slight_smile:
If you’re happy with our service, don’t forget to rate us: [Illdy] Reviews | WordPress.org