Top Banner will not display

Created a banner for the top right at the recommended size 728x90 and it will not display on the live site. The banner shows up on the “customize theme” wordpress admin area, but not on the live site. Any ideas?

I have the same problem

If you navigate to the Theme Header (header.php) file you need to alter the source code.

By default it will say
<?php if ( get_theme_mod( 'tyche_show_banner', false ) ) : ?> <div class="col-sm-8 header-banner"> <?php $banner = get_theme_mod( 'tyche_banner_type', 'image' ); get_template_part( 'template-parts/banner/banner', $banner ); ?>

You need to change it so true so it should instead read
<?php if ( get_theme_mod( 'tyche_show_banner', true ) ) : ?> <div class="col-sm-8 header-banner"> <?php $banner = get_theme_mod( 'tyche_banner_type', 'image' ); get_template_part( 'template-parts/banner/banner', $banner ); ?>

This resolved the issue for me.

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

@ballinboi3546 Nice work on that solution.

Please try out the solution provided and let us know of the results when you try it.

Best Regards,
Support

That solution worked for me too, but this should either be fixed in the next update or implemented via a child theme.

Updating original theme files is not recommended, you will lose your changes on the next theme update.