Top Nav dropdown background hover colour wrong

Hello
I’ve changed the navigation colours on my Sparkling theme through the Customizer (Header option)

But when I hover over the links in the drop-down menu, the background colour is half the blue I chose, and half still the default red.

See attached screenshot.
(I think it’s the last item in the Customizer - “Top nav dropdown item background hover color - Background of dropdown item hover color” option that I changed. )

I’ve tried overruling it in the style.css file, but I can’t get it to work. Can anyone help? What CSS should I be changing?

Many thanks in advance.

OK, just for reference, I’m using Chrome. I’ve tried the menu in Microsoft Edge and it displays correctly, including the background colours.
Any help gratefully received.
Joanna

Hi Joanna,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s displaying so that i can help you to achieve it?

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin - thanks for replying.
My test site is here: http://www.jocando.co.uk/OMEP/
Hope you can spot the problem!
Jo

It is displaying fine for me on your shared site as shown in the attached screenshot.

Please test it clearing your browser cache or using different browser.

Weird - I had done several hard refreshes & no change. But yes, I’ve cleared cache & it views fine now. I wonder what it was?
I’ll check it on Chrome & IE when I’m back at work tomorrow, but I’m hopeful.
Many thanks for your time in helping with this - much appreciated :slight_smile:
Jo

Browser caches CSS file for some period to make site load fast but as you have made changes then you have to clear the old browser cache to see updated CSS work on your site. Don’t worry everybody don’t have to clear the cache, it only affects who accesses your site frequently and obviously you are one of them.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: