Top photo and single-wide post listings

Hello,

I just installed Activello on my site kettiwilhelm.com and I have a couple of questions:

1. The list of posts on my homepage never switches from one per line to two per line. I don’t think I changed this setting anywhere, because I can’t even find any option that relates to it.

2. How do I add a top photo or populate the slider with photos (or one photo?) not related to a post? I just want photos in the slider, not links to other posts. I tried using the logo option, but it doesn’t upload full width, and I want the site title and tagline ON TOP of the photo, not above and below it.

Thank you in advance!
Ketti

Hi Ketti,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1. The list of posts on my homepage never switches from one per line to two per line. I don’t think I changed this setting anywhere, because I can’t even find any option that relates to it.

I am not sure exactly what you meant by “one per line to two per line” but i can see multiple lines of posts on your site home page as shown in the attached screenshot.

2. How do I add a top photo or populate the slider with photos (or one photo?) not related to a post? I just want photos in the slider, not links to other posts. I tried using the logo option, but it doesn’t upload full width, and I want the site title and tagline ON TOP of the photo, not above and below it.

The requirement that you have specified above is a custom requirement so to achieve this you have to develop custom code but you can achieve the result as shown in this demo page Activello Theme Demo - Just another colorlib.com site

Best Regards,
Movin

Thank you for your help!

For the first issue, I meant in the third line of posts on the home page, it was still just displaying one post per line, but that seems to be revolved now.

Could you possibly tell me what custom code to use to put a single photo as a full-width slider image?

Thanks,
Ketti

Hi Ketti,

Could you possibly tell me what custom code to use to put a single photo as a full-width slider image?

To achieve this just set the large logo in the theme Site Identity option as shown in the attached screenshot and then add the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

#masthead > .container {
    max-width: 100%;
    width: 100%;
    padding: 0;
}

Best Regards,
Movin