Travelify Version 3.0 Install

I’m currently running release 2.4.1 of Travelify.

I’m using the current Theme Options feature in 2.4.1 to make selections on how and what to display. I’ve added HTML code in the Custom CSS section to change the Post/Page Title font, font size, and font color. Also under the Wordpress Appearance section, I’ve used the Edit CSS function to change the site title and site description font, font size, and font color. I also changed the featured image positioning with the edit CSS function.

This is the first theme update I’ve been given, so my question is this. When I install version 3.0 will all the settings I’ve made under the current Theme Options be cleared and set to defaults or will they be carried over and show in the Wordpress Appearance features. Will I lose any of the changes in Custom CSS that I applied?

I have modified the functions.php file to change the featured image size, so I know I’ll have to reapply that change. I’m also assuming that the changes I made in the edit CSS function will be retained. Thanks for your help.
Jim

I’m following up on this question I asked four days ago. Is it possible to get a response or should I pose it on another forum?
Jim

Hi Jim,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

This is the first theme update I’ve been given, so my question is this. When I install version 3.0 will all the settings I’ve made under the current Theme Options be cleared and set to defaults or will they be carried over and show in the WordPress Appearance features. Will I lose any of the changes in Custom CSS that I applied?

The changes made in the theme options will be carried over the theme customizer so you won’t lose anything.

I have modified the functions.php file to change the featured image size, so I know I’ll have to reapply that change. I’m also assuming that the changes I made in the edit CSS function will be retained. Thanks for your help.

Yes if you made the changes in the theme file then you have to make these changes again after theme updation as changes made in the theme files get lost on theme updation so we recommend you to customize the theme using Child theme instead of making changes in the Travelify theme files.

The changes you have made in the edit CSS function will be retained.

I recommend you to take back up of your WordPress site as described on the following page so that if anything goes wrong then we can restore it.

https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups

Best Regards,
Movin