Trying to hide featured image

I’m trying to figure out a way to hide the featured image on my main page that has recent post excerpts. I’d like have a featured image assigned so that I can control what image shows up when I post on social media but I don’t want it to display as a featured image in the post because the image will probably already be somewhere in the post. I’ve looked through forums and found many others that want to do something similar but none of their solutions work for me for some reason.
I’ve tried adding these lines of code to the custom CSS window in “other options” section Travelify:

.single .single-featured {
display: none;
}

.single-featured {
}

body.single-post img.single-featured {
}

The first two had no effect that I noticed. The last one didn’t hide the featured image but it did make some other things behave strangely and not display correctly. I also tried installing a plugin called something like “Hide Featured Image” and it had no effect. I’m at loss here. I’m not experienced with code but I can insert a piece of code into the custom CSS if someone tells me exactly what to do. Another solution would be to bypass all of this and have a better way to designate what photo thumbnail will show up when I post on Facebook but I’ve looked into that too and there doesn’t seem to be a straightforward solution that doesn’t involve the featured image. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi @browski,

Please send me your live website so I can check.

Thanks,

Cristian

Hi Christian,
The website is www.snorkelbandits.com
I don’t normally set a featured image but I put one into the most recent post on my homepage for you to see. I’m really not a fan of the way it displays the featured image and when I have more time I may look into ways to alter that. I currently don’t have any of the aforementioned CSS solutions in place. I do have one line of custom CSS which fixes the placement of my soliloquy slider but I don’t know if that would have any effect here.
I should mention also that I’m in Nepal at the moment and I don’t always have a reliable internet connection so I apologize for any delay in my responses.
Thanks
Jim

Hi Jim,

I hope you enjoy your stay in Nepal, I have in plan to visit next year Nepal. Now back to your request, if you want to remove the featured image you need to use this css code:

.post-featured-image {
display:none;
{

Thanks,

Cristian

Hi Christian,
The code you gave me worked and my Facebook posting fix works as I had hoped as well. If I want to figure out a way to display the featured image differently should I open a new thread?
I hope you make it to Nepal. It’s a beautiful place with warm people and fascinating culture.
Thanks,
Jim

Hi @browski,

It a good idea to open a new thread because it will be useful for other users as well.

Thanks,

Cristian

OK.
I’ll do that.
Thanks for your help.
Jim

thank you,

Cristian