Twitter-Support in Posts

So far, I could easily insert a Twitter-URL and in the post was shown a nice “twitter box”. But this no longer works. Has something changed in sparkling theme?

Hi @schrottie.

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

So far, I could easily insert a Twitter-URL and in the post was shown a nice “twitter box”.

Could you please share the screenshot of it and the page URL where it should display?

Have you disabled any plugin that was providing this functionality?

But this no longer works. Has something changed in sparkling theme?

It depends on whether you have updated Sparkling theme from old to new version?

Kind Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

take a look at here: https://blog.dafb-o.de/fahrradalltag-in-berlin-und-deutschland/

At this page were some Twitterlinks. 5 days before, these were nice embedded tweets.

I use the child-theme, because I want to have the old more-links. Updates for this theme? I don’t know. Where I can see the version number (if there is such one)? :-\

I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me using latest version of Sparkling theme as displayed in the attached screenshot.

This can be child theme issue on your site so to confirm it just temporary use the Sparkling theme instead of child theme on your site. If everything works fine then it’s your child theme issue so just share me your child theme so that i can troubleshoot it.

Also this can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Same with sparkling theme instead of child theme.

I have deactivated the twitter widget plugin (for sidebar) but this has no affect. .-(

Movin, if you want look self:

User: movin
PW: S19ZkZN8Wy2AewSCuMj(8CGm

Movin, I have deactivated yout “testaccount” in case of security. If you need this once again, just let me know.

I can’t access log in screen of your site to log in your site to troubleshoot the issue. I am getting the error message as shown in the attached screenshot.

Uh, looks like jetpack have blocked your ip. I’ve disabled this jetpack module and opened a new account for you:

User: movin
PW: #xn1V@Rcg3cvXCv9Oxzrhr!2

I have tested it on your site and it is even not working using default WordPress theme so it is not the issue of Sparkling theme but the issue with your site or hosting.

Do you remember what changes you have made on your site or server that caused this issue?

You can try using various solutions provided in the following topics to resolve the issue.

Okay, the last change was the WordPress 4.6 upgrade.

I hope to find a solution in the posts you linked. Thanks for your efforts!

I am also using latest version of WordPress 4.6 on my test site and the functionality is working fine for me.

Please try using the solutions posted in the shared links.

Okay, thank you.

Put the URL between [embed] and [/embed] works for me. :slight_smile:

Awesome great to see you got that worked.

You are always welcome here :slight_smile: