Unable to get image Slider to work

I have tried to follow instructions as per paragraph 5 in Sparkling instructions.
I go to slider options, I am presented with checkbox, which I have ticked to enable slider.
I get “number of slider items” box but NO "Slider Catagory option.
I have uploaded 3 large images to the media library but can’t use them in a slider on the home paage.
What am I doing wrong- Apologies I’m a Wordpress newbie !!

Hi @seniorshot,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I get “number of slider items” box but NO “Slider Catagory option.

Please make sure you have created at least one category and assigned it to posts.

I have uploaded 3 large images to the media library but can’t use them in a slider on the home paage.

No it doesn’t work like this way. you have to set Featured Images for the Posts to which you have set slider category.

Best Regards,
Movin

Sorry Movin, I don’t know what you mean by “categories” or how I use them and where I can create them?. I can’t find them in any of the Sparkling customisation options. Is there any reference to them in the Sparkling documentation?
See attachment for image of slider options that I’m seeing - no mention of categor

It is general WordPress term. You will find all information about post categories on the following pages.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Posts_Categories_Screen

Hi Movin,

Thanks for your help so far.

I have now created a category and named it “General” . In the Wordpress categories screen I now see General and uncategorised.

However when I go back to the Customising: Sparkling Options - Slider Options panel I still do not see any reference to categories and no way to enable a slider.
Click on attached image in post #68144 to see full panel options.

I am probably doing something very silly here but would appreciate your help in pointing me in the right direction. (I am simply wanting a 3 image slider in my home page.)
regards
Roger

You have just created category but not assigned it to posts as described on the following page.