Unable to get Shapely to show up even remotely like in the demo

I chose Shapely as a theme specifically because it incorporated a full screen photo as the background image, along with two buttons - precisely what I was looking for.

Unfortunately, despite several DAYS of trying, I still have a wide black bar covering the center of the image, and a white bar at the top, with NO WAY of eliminating them. This is NOT useful.

I have been using WordPress for years, with multiple different themes, and never have I found a theme with such inadequate documentation when it came to troubleshooting problems.

Any suggestions?

I need this site to FUNCTION, and since my previous inquiries have gone unanswered, although I really like the demo of this theme, I’m close to jettisoning the whole thing in favor of something that DOES work.

Hi @cori,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Please make sure you have configured the Shapely theme as described on the below page.

If you are still facing the issue then could you please share me your site URL where it’s happening so that i can troubleshoot it?

I need this site to FUNCTION, and since my previous inquiries have gone unanswered

Where have you posted it as i don’t find it in this forum anywhere?

Kind Regards,
Movin