Unable to Publish

Hi there.

I began customizing the Shapely theme a while back. As of this morning, however, for some reason I am unable to publish any changes.

I noticed that I was using an older version of Wordpress and that my Shapely install was actually out of date as well. I backed everything up and updated WP, Shapely and the installed plugins. I am trying to make changes to the main menu (just removing some of the demo links and adding my own). All it keeps saying is “Looks like something’s gone wrong. Wait a couple seconds, and then try again.”

Thinking that maybe it was just the menu, I proceeded to try to edit a random section of the page - to no prevail.

I tried disabling all of my plugins, but it still won’t publish.

I’m at a loss. Does anyone know what might be happening?

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

This is a strange issue but here are a few options.

1. Use the following plugin clear your WordPress cache:
    WP Super Cache – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

2. Contact your hosting provider and have them ensure that you are using PHP version 4.6 or higher.

3. Try clearing your browser cache and reload the page.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi there.

Last night after I posted this, I realized I can edit and publish everything BUT the menu. I am able to delete the menu and publish that, but when I try to add items (either existing or new) to it, it gives me that same error.

I tried everything you mentioned above and even tried two additional browsers and it still isn’t working. I have continued to work on the separate sections of the site, but I will HAVE to tackle the menu soon.

Are there any additional ideas you can think of?

edit: and the PHP version is 5.6.30

Hello there,

Could you provide an image of the issue so that I can have some more information to work with?

Best Regards,
Support

Absolutely. Here you are.

Hello there,

This is a very strange issue.

At this point would you be able to provide me with login credentials to have a look?

You can send a private reply with the information.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi there.

No worries at all.

http://wp.superiorcoatings.ca/wp/wp-login.php

User: admin
Pass: 345Superior

Any luck as of yet?