Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function

Hi
I am trying out this theme but I keep get this error on console output in developer tools (chrome) [on a fresh copy of wordpress no extra plugins added and no other themes installed]
The error is as:
main.js?ver=4.1.1:1 Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function
(anonymous function)jquery.js?ver=1.11.1:3 m.event.dispatchjquery.js?ver=1.11.1:3 m.event.add.r.handle

Other info that could be of help!:
In firefox the console output is: TypeError: $(…).flexslider is not a function main.js:1:637

Any suggestions what might be the issue here?

*I have attached a snapshot of the error

Thank you for reporting it!

I have fixed this error and uploaded updated theme version on Github and you can download it form here. It will take some time before this updated will become available as automated update via WordPress.org.

However, this error is just a warning and it doesn’t affect your website it any way. Everything is working and will work just fine, so need to worry about this if you don’t want to update theme manually.

Thank you for the quick response.

I have downloaded github’s version and installed it and for some reason it still shows the same issue.

t(".flexslider").flexslider({
            animation: "slide",
            controlNav: !1,
            prevText: "",
            nextText: "",
            smoothHeight: !0
        }),

Is there anything else I should do? [no child theme just the same plain wordpress installation]

Note: I am going to ignore it; just making sure that there isn’t anything else need be done. If there isn’t I will mark it as resolved.

Would you mind sharing your website URL? As erro no longer appears for Dazzling temo side and localhost where I am doing most development and testing.

Sorry, found and error for Github version. Minification have gone wrong for this JavaScript file. Just a second

Nah, it wasn’t the case and it should work. At first I thought that something was with demo site but then realized that I didn’t purge CDN cache. Everything is working fine and you can check if it appears the same way for you.

Sorry for inconvenience.

It is totally fine; it is enough you are making this theme open for anyone [Thnx :)]

As for the URL; I am doing my test on a local copy; I will upload a copy to my server and let you know

Thank you for the follow up

Here is a temp URL [http://gadgeteeer.net/temp/]

Ok, I see. You aren’t using slider at all therefore this error appears ask there is no flexslider in sight.

If you feel that this is something you want to fix and don’t plan to use a slider in future you can just remove this part of code from main.js

t(".flexslider").flexslider({animation:"slide",controlNav:!1,prevText:"",nextText:"",smoothHeight:!0}),

Ah yes; did not occur to me.
Thank you for the time highly appreciated. Thumbs up to you and your team