Undefined index errors extras.php

I am running the Lilaea Child Theme Configurator and he recently started generating the child theme using a debug mode. Now my Sparkling Themes come up with errors.

PHP Notice: Undefined index: size in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas04_data02/02/2906402/html/wp-content/themes/sparkling/inc/extras.php on line 304

PHP Notice: Undefined index: style in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas04_data02/02/2906402/html/wp-content/themes/sparkling/inc/extras.php on line 304

I called GoDaddy and the directory structure up until the “html” is all internal on their shared WordPress hosting sites, the directory structure germane to this matter start at “html”. I have called up the extras.php file and line 304 is the last line of the global $typography_options routine. I didn’t change the extras.php file. I had hoped that your recent theme update would correct this error, but it didn’t.

The Lilaea developer said that the Undefined index errors are common in themes and that the theme creator could fix this. Can you please help?

Thank you (and thank you for a fantastic theme.)
Becky

Hi Becky,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I have notified this to the theme developer so that it will be fixed in the future version of theme.

This is not an error but a simple PHP warning/notice and most of the time it doesn’t affect functionality of site so it is nothing to worry about!

Do you have WP_DEBUG set to true in your wp-config.php file?

If you do then please set it to false.
This will hide the warning messages and you will be able to use your site normally.

If you don’t want to set the WP debug off then just go to your theme Typography settings make some change and save it as shown in the attached screenshot.

Best Regards,
Movin

I already had the 14px and Normal settings. I changed the font to Open Sans as shown and flushed the cache. That seemed to do it, at least it got me by for now. I hope this is fixed soon because I’m using this and the Dazzling theme and I really should be able to change fonts without errors.

Thank you for the quick response, always appreciated!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: