Update causes white screen of death

Hi,

Updated Dazzling today and the site fell of the planet with a white screen of death.

Error log shows [18-Mar-2016 15:21:17 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function of_get_option() in /home/eccoelma/public_html/wp-content/themes/dazzling/inc/extras.php on line 121

Have reverted to 1.2.6, will await your feedback.

I have the Same problem

My still with the same problem

How can I downgraden to an oder Version?

Me too. I clicked the update this morning then death.

Using my hosting control panel (a back door) I activated the WP Twenty-Sixteen theme. This is not what I really want - but at least it is NOT the white screen of death!

I googled and read something that says I need minimum PHP version 5.5 Mine was “PHP v5.4.24 OS by Vendor”.

So on my hosting control panel I tried both 5.5.33 and 5.6.19

Still, Dazzling is dead on both - BUT Twenty-Sixteen works perfectly with both.

What is going on here?

I too got white screen of death

Fatal error: Call to undefined function of_get_option() in /home/pbhoust/public_html/wp-content/themes/dazzling/inc/extras.php on line 121

I have dazzling theme installed on dozens of sites… all crashed

Hi, I had the same issue with my site this wkend too. Thankfully the support theme at my hosting co was able to fix this issue by enabling twentysixteen but that is not an ideal solution. How can I actually fix this? Thank you.

Notice: wp_register_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /hermes/bosnaweb01b/[mySite]/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3792 Notice: wp_register_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /hermes/bosnaweb01b/[mySite]/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3792 Notice: wp_register_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /hermes/bosnaweb01b/[mySite]/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3792 Fatal error: Call to undefined function of_get_option() in /hermes/bosnaweb01b/[mySite]/wp-content/themes/dazzling/inc/extras.php on line 121

Hi There,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

The error is resolved in the updated theme version 2.0.4 which was reported on the following page

So just update the your Dazzling theme Dazzling – WordPress theme | WordPress.org to the latest version.

Best Regards,
Movin

Thanks - that’s fixed it. :slight_smile:

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

Hi Movin good afternoon!

But how do I access my wordpress and update the theme as it always appears blank screen with Fatal error error: Call to undefined function of_get_option () in / home / lucra051 / public_html / wp-content / themes / dazzling / inc /extras.php on line 121

I can not access it the traditional way.

@frangt You have to access it manually using FTP or File manager and then install the updated latest version of theme after deleting the older theme directory.

You will find information about how to install theme manually on the following page.

http://freewptp.com/tutorials/install-wordpress-theme-manually/