Updated Activello theme and error message has replaced website

HELP!
I clicked on “update theme” because it said an update was available, but now I can’t access my log on page to edit my blog, and when the url is entered in the search bar it comes up with an error page! I don’t know how to solve it?

Thanks,

Alice – http://www.woodenwindowsills.co.uk

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile: Looks like checking several things in the backend is necessary, please send me your ftp details and I will investigate this case. Don’t forget to mark your reply as private! Thanks!

Colorlib Support Team

What are the ftp details?

Sorry, I don’t know anything about the technicalities of websites I usually just log into here online:

sp-ace.co/WoodenWindowSills/wp-admin/

Does that give you what you need?

Thanks,

Alice

Hello there,

You would have to provide the ftp login credentials which is provided by your hosting provider so if you do not have this you need to contact them to get these credentials.

Best Regards,
Support

Hello! Thank you for your guidance earlier, I’ve heard back from the host and this is what you need apparently.

FTP Host: ftp.sp-ace.co

FTP Username: [email protected]
FTP password: 9!yHxqsEx

Apparently in correcting one error, it’s now brought up another. As you have built the theme, please can you check and see if you can fix it?

Thanks,

Alice

Hi Alice

getting this:

Command: USER [email protected]
Response: 331 Password required for [email protected]
Command: PASS *********
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

Seems access credentials is not correct

meanwhile, lets not loose the time, i think you can also do this, just switch to another theme and then switch back on our theme, try this solution:

Ok, I’m going to have to get my host to do this as I don’t have access to the FTP either.
The person who runs owns the hosting space would be reluctant to give you FTP access to the full area as there are many other hosted sites held in the same place.
What files do you need from me to check where your update failed?
If I send you the Activello directory can you send me the files back that I need to replace?

Thanks,
Alice

The host has followed the instructions, but my site url now just has a blank page without any errors. I’m back into where I edit on the dashboard, but the website has nothing on it. What can I do now? I can give you the login and password for the Wordpress dashboard if that helps?

123Reg are supposed to be coming back to the host to confirm why the temp FTP login wasn’t working.

Thanks,

Alice

I’ve managed to revert to my old theme, so at least my site is up and running again. I tried to redownload the Activello theme but that also comes up with errors in the preview so instead I’m going to use the opportunity to redesign my site and will change the theme to a completely different one this weekend.

Thanks for your help so far, hopefully I don’t have any other issues.

Best Regards,

Alice

good evening

So, is everything ok now? can i mark this ticket as resolved?

Well, your Activello theme is still bugged and broken, and caused a great deal of unnecessary stress when it updated and failed, but I’ve sorted a solution by my own means and will have to now use an alternative theme to that one. So yes, mark it as resolved, but unfortunately not with the outcome I hoped for.

Hello there,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused here, this ticket will now be closed.

Best Regards,
Support