URL for main menu item

I created a menu which consists of main items and sub items while using the built-in-editor. If I click on a sub menu item the referenced page or post will be shown. But, if I click on a main item which has sub items nothing happens. While clicking on a main item which does not have any sub items the referenced page will be shown correctly. This happens since one of the last theme updates. What do I have to do for correct referencing pages on main items and sub item?

Regards Lars

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Please go to Appearance > Menus and check to ensure that the links in the menu are still there.
Also, could you please provide a link to your website so that I can inspect it?

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

No, there aren’t any links in “Appearance and Menus”. If I hover the main menu item which has sub items it links to the URL https://mysite.com/#. If I hover a menu item without sub items it links to the correct page or post like https://mysite.com/mypage. What can I do? Any ideas?

Regards,
Lars

Hey there,
Thank you for keeping in touch

Please provide some screenshot of the your menu layout in Appearance > Menu
and your front page. Also if possible the URL to your website.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

I added some screenshots. Hope it helps.

Regards Lars

Hi there,

please see the screenshots above. The URL is www.greila.de

Cheers Lars

Hey there,
Thank you for keeping in touch

This isn’t a bug, its actually apart of the theme design.
If you wish to have this added to the theme, please submit this issue as a feature request to our GitHub at Issues · puikinsh/Dazzling · GitHub in detail.

As a work around you could use a custom link with a URL value of # as a Menu Heading.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause

Best Regards,
Support

Hi there,

thanks for the answer but I think it is a bug in the theme design because it worked fine before I was using the latest Dazzling update.

Is there a chance that the issue will be fixed within the next theme update?

Regards

Hey there,
Thank you for keeping in touch.

Looking into the issue, it does seem to be a bug, the same issue is found on the demo.
I’ve went a head reported it. I can’t give an ETA on update, but I’ll state the urgency of the matter.

Best Regards,
Support

Hello,

in the meantime I tried a lot while running the quick fix but it’s still not working. I tried to create a custom link but the # will be added automatically to the URL so that the main menu item is still not working.

What else can I do? Is there a link to download older versions of the Dazzling Theme? The last update was the buggy one. So, I need the version before. Which one is the latest one 1.5.1?

Regards
Lars

Hey there,
I hope you’re doing well today

Hey there, the latest version of the theme is 2.1.1
If you haven’t been using the latest version of the theme, I suggest backing up up your current website, and update to 2.1.1

Best Regards,
Support