Use of "the_excerpt();" instead of "the_content();"

Hi there,
I want to display the excerpt of posts on the blog homepage, on category and archive pages instead of the whole article while not using the “<!–more–>” option. Therefore, I figured out that I will need to add something like the following to some files of the template-parts folder:
if ( is_home () || is_category() || is_archive() ) {
the_excerpt();
} else {
the_content();
}

I tried to replace “the_content();” with the above in several files but yet, I wasn’t able to detect the right ones. Could you please show me the right way to achieve this?

Best regards,
Felix

Hi there,
Thanks for reaching out.
In reference to your question here, unfortunately this would require a bit of custom work on the theme files which is beyond the scope of our support. I would recommend services from Envato on this (https://colorlib.com/out/envatostudio).

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Best Regards,
Support.

Hi there. I have a related question. I am using Nucleare theme. My read-more inserts won’t work, the excerpts are cut off too short, and do not give me power over where to cut the excerpts off. Can you help with this? Thanks!

Hi there

Nucleare theme is not our product and you have to ask support to theme developers :slight_smile: