Use Plugin On Front Page

Hi
We are trying to use the Virtual Slide Box plugin on the Front page but it seems to ignore the Short Code it creates, is the Front Page not like a standard WP page?
We tried the Projects section but for a Portfolio is way to clunky with large images and not the best control features (love the rest of the Theme though!!)
Cheers
shaun

Hello,

Maybe you could build a page with the plugin and the select that page as the frontpage in Settings > Reading?
Additionally, try to add the shortcodes to a text widget in any section, it might do the trick.

Let me know what you’d like the pictures to look like, maybe I can assist you with it.

.widget_illdy_project{
padding: 50px !important;
}

Regards

Hello,

Maybe you could build a page with the plugin and the select that page as the frontpage in Settings > Reading?
Additionally, try to add the shortcodes to a text widget in any section, it might do the trick.

Let me know what you’d like the pictures to look like, maybe I can assist you with it.

.widget_illdy_project{
padding: 50px !important;
}

Regards

Hi
Thanks for the advice and info, even creating a page and setting it to the home page does not work but if I then go to that page using say “www.paradisii.co.uk/new page” the slider works fine?
That css did make them smaller but I needed a bit more animation and perhaps more across the page
Any advice greatly apprecited
Cheers
shaun

Hello Shaun,

You can always add additional text widgets where you can include more code to the page.

As for the plugin, it seems like quite a strange issue and I will try to recreate it on my environment for further investigations.

Regards

Great thanks I’ll have a play on the widget
Let me know if you get the same isue with the plugin, as you say very odd, we used it as we have used it a bit beofre on other sites
Cheers