Using short code on the home page

Hello, I’m hoping there is a way to add shortcode for a slider plugin to my Illdy static home page. I have tried putting it in a text widget and adding it do various front page sections (About, Testimonials, Full Width Section) but it will not work. I also have tried adding it directly in the paragraph content of the Page called Front Page to no avail. I have verified that if I make a new page and add the short code to it, that the shortcode works. Please let me know if I have any other options. Thank you, Alexis

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

The front page as it stands is pretty much widget driven and comes with a set of widgets to use on the front page that you can add content to and rearrange to your heart’s content. The only issue with these is that you can’t really add shortcode or links to certain elements, which is a bit of a bummer.

We usually advise filing a feature request at the link below to lobby to get certain features into the theme, so you may do that.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

HI, thanks for your quick response. That is a bummer but I will submit the feature request and hope for the best!

A related question - can the Testimonials carousel be made to change automatically instead of manually or at the very least is there a way to have their order shuffle automatically (i.e. the default testimonial on page load changes every x amount of time)?

Thanks, Alexis

Hello there,

The carousel was not created to automatically rotate the testimonials however you can try one of the following plugins to add the feature:

Best Regards,
Support

OK, I will try those solutions. On LAST question on this thread - I am unable to add a HTML link to an internal or external page anywhere in the Testimonials section. Is that correct? Thanks again for your help, Alexis

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

The testimonials section is a customized widget so some HTML features won’t work there however please try using the following link as a reference as it has a few option that you can try to add the link:

Best Regards,
Support