Various questions about Shapely theme

Hi Support,

I hope your’e doing well.

I have recently downloaded and started to use your fabulous Shapely Theme. Thank you for making it free, im sure all appreciate the hard work it takes to make these free for all to use and the support you guys provide.

I have a few cosmetic things i would like to change within the theme. They are number below:

1. How do i change the colour and type of the text on the main Parallax section widget?
  2. How do i remove the user and date information and also the grey box at the bottom of the page? I have attached a screen grab with the highlighted areas i am referring to.
  3. How do i change the colour of the footer (It is currently black) and also the text colour of the footer?
  4. I would like to create anchor or jump links from the main menu to the different widget sections on the front page? For example. When the Portfolio menu button is pressed it jumps to the portfolio widget on the front page.
  5. How do i change the colour of the text on the main menu?
  6. Is there an easy way to add breadcrumbs to the “section.page-title-section.bg-secondary” (the grey bar under the main heading? I would like to remove the current page name and add a breadcrumb instead?
  7. How can i make the image on the main Parallax widget transparent?
  8. Is there any way to add a full width image on top of every page with text in the middle? An example of what i would like is seen on this site http://www.kleencousa.com/construct/

I know there are a few questions here and i appreciate your help with this.

Thank you again for all your help and your fantastic theme and support.

Cheers,

Suheil

Hi Suheil,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1. How do i change the colour and type of the text on the main Parallax section widget?

You can change the color of main Parallax section widget by developing CSS code and adding it in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Shapely Options -> Other

I am not sure what you meant by “type of the text” so please describe it.

2. How do i remove the user and date information and also the grey box at the bottom of the page? I have attached a screen grab with the highlighted areas i am referring to.

To achieve this use the below CSS code as described above.

#page .author-bio,
#page ul.post-meta {
    display: none;
}
3. How do i change the colour of the footer (It is currently black) and also the text colour of the footer?

By using the below CSS code.

footer#colophon * {
    color: #000;
}
footer#colophon {
    background: #fff;
}

Please change the color value in the above code to whatever you want to use by referring the following pages.

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colorvalues.asp
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_colorpicker.asp

4. I would like to create anchor or jump links from the main menu to the different widget sections on the front page? For example. When the Portfolio menu button is pressed it jumps to the portfolio widget on the front page.

You have to use appropriate section ID in the URL like this Front Page - Shapely Demo

5. How do i change the colour of the text on the main menu?

Use the below CSS code to change it.

.menu li a {
    color: #B96767;
}
6. Is there an easy way to add breadcrumbs to the “section.page-title-section.bg-secondary” (the grey bar under the main heading? I would like to remove the current page name and add a breadcrumb instead? 7. How can i make the image on the main Parallax widget transparent? 8. Is there any way to add a full width image on top of every page with text in the middle? An example of what i would like is seen on this site http://www.kleencousa.com/construct/

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for your every questions here Shapely - Colorlib Support Forum instead of asking all question in your one thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Best Regards,
Movin