Various

Dear Aigars,

Again, thank you very much for your wonderful, work specially your service. I´ve worked for 20 years with service and never saw something like your availability!!!

I´m buiding my first site with Travelify at: www.descondicionamento.com

I would like to ask for your help for the following issues:

a) Is it possible to increase the header box height? (the white space where the the blog tittle is written)

b) How to get the search tool on the menu bar?

c) (For me the most important at the moment) At the page - Sobre - how to get rid of the tittle only on this page?

d) (the second most important for me) How to include videos on some posts?

e) Is it possible to create “anonym” pages that are accessed only via link. ?For example I send a mail for my list with a link for this page (not accesible for the main public)

f) How can I get the widget´s tittles in bold?

g) What is the best WP plug-in for a landing page (for the e-book, for example)?

Thank´s in advance
Fernando Baptista

Thank you for your feedback! We really appreciate it!

a) Yes, you can increase header width. simply add this to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS and tweak these values to get the results you were looking for.

.hgroup-wrap {
    padding-top: 40px;
    padding-bottom: 80px;
}

b) To get search in header or top menu you can look up for several other threads. Each of these threads have some differences, so check what works for you.

c) You can hide that particular page title by adding this to Custom CSS field

.post-54 h2.entry-title {
    display: none;
}

d) This is not really theme related as videos are handled by WordPress. The best option is to simply copy/paste youtube video link one a new line of your blog post/page and save changes and video will be embedded automatically. Never try to upload your video directly to WordPress because Vimeo or Youtube will handle video much, much better. Just make sure to embed it on your website.

e) Unless they are password protected they will be visible in some way or another. But if you create a page and don’t add it to menu then it won’t be visible to others unless you have direct link or attempt to search for it via search form.

f) This font doesn’t have a very “bold” option but the best you can do is add this to Custom CSS

.widget-title {
    font-weight: bold;
}

g) The best option is always write your own HTML/css as all plugins will have some limitations. And it really depends what you are trying to achieve with your landing page. If you have some examples, I might try to suggest some solutions.

Aigars,

Thank you very much for your quick and precise/helpful answer.

Points a), c) and f) are solved.

b) I will prove some of your purposals

d) Thank you for your answer even if it has nothing to do with Travelify.
I get the video there but only at the posts page.
I don´t know what I can do in order to get it at the home page.

e) I choose the option Private instead of public or password protected and saved it. But when I look for it through the url I get the 404 error. You can take a look at: www.descondicionamento.com/descondicionamento

g) About the landing pages I will think better what I really want. Thank´s in advance for your help.

Cumpliments
Fernando

d) Since you are using blog page in frontpage it is not possible to add video there directly. However, you can use plugin like this to replace featured images with video.

e) Private means that you have set this post private and visible for yourself and only yourself. Regular post but password protected will be visible for those who know password. My suggestion was to use regular pages but leave them out from header menu, that way no one will find them unless they have a direct link.

Aigars,

Thank you again!

b) search- I don´t know what I´m doing wrong. I open the headerfile, write everything asyou describe, save the file and when I re-open, it´s nothing there…So the file is not accepting changes… is it possible???/

d) excellent solution with plugin - done!!!

e) I don´t know how to create the regular pages. When I create one, it, automatically appears on the menu bar…

Another two quetions:

g) how can I get rid of the blue çine at the top of the site?

h) how can I change the sub-tittle font size? - técnicas de auto-cura

Thks is advance!!!

Aigars,

Point b) Finally I got it.
The only question I have about it is that it is in the middle of the page (I would like to get it on the right side under the social buttons)… even with:

input.s {
 float: right;
 width: 150px;
 padding: 3px;
 margin-top: 5px;

}

Thank you!

b) Header is divided in two 50/50 parts and you have added search to the left one, so you are not going to able to move it with CSS. Just move your code somewhere around social icons to make it appear on the right.

e) Because you haven’t created any menus, so all Pages are added in menu automatically. You can read more about a proper menu setup here.

g) Add this to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS

body {
    border-top: none;
}

h) Change font-size value accordingly and add it to Custom CSS field like described above

#site-description {
    font-size: 22px;
}

Aigars, Thank you very much for all your very clear explanations!!!

Two more questions if I may.

h) Is it possible, instead of a search form, to create a subscriber formular around the middle of the header?

i) Is it possible to put a subscriber widget in the middle and/or at the end of each post?

cumpliments

You should find some plugin that will do it for you. You can use something as basic as Jetpack which has its subscription module or use Mailchimp’s official WordPress plugin. it is up to you to decide which one is for you.

Aigars,

Thank you very much for the now!

I´ll do my best and return again if necessary!

Wonderful job!!!