Version 2 Theme update broke my site

Hi,

I just updated to version 2 of Dazzling and had to do a restore after that because it affected NextGen and another plugin I use for displaying Maps of real estate listings, neither would display and just showed a loading icon/image graphic.

Regards
Bam Bam

I also updated and i don’t see theme options anymore, seems like its on customize option only but i don’t see my social icons which used to appear on footer, are you also facing that problem, or just me? That customize option, only shows socials but i cant put my links either n no more social icons on site.

seowonderworld,

I have rolled back to the last version at the moment so I can’t check.

Bam Bam

Ok :slight_smile: Can you tell me how to roll back? :slight_smile:

I just did a server side restore, the other option is to get a copy of the last version and upload that to the themes directory via FTP overwriting the Dazzling files that are there now.

If you don’t already have a copy of the previous version I’m not sure where you will get one, I just had a look on Github and there doesn’t appear to be one there.

Bam Bam

Same problem here! The version 2.0 just broke completely my website…And I’m using a child structure so I don’t kow what is the problem.

yeah and admins don’t seem to response the posts :frowning: i am thinking to change theme if they don’t come up with social icons soon -_-

Same mess here.
The new version broke all my plugins.

• Meta slider
  • contact Form 7
  • Flexible Map
  • myStickymenu

and who knows what else.
Also I cannot see the footer anymore

Someone should give us any answer for this!

hi,
Same here. My entire website completely ruined…can i have the dazzling previous version download link?

for those who need a roll back, i have 1.5.1 version, hope this helps :slight_smile:

Getting somewhat ridiculous that I started this post nearly 2 weeks ago and no Mod has spoken up, I think that this is the last time I will use this theme.

That is a real shame, when Aigars was a mod, answers were given quickly and support was pretty good, but now it is almost non-existant.

Bam Bam

yeah, when aigar was here the response was quick. where is aigars? sigh no matter how i’ll still continue use this theme…i put so much efforts to modify the child theme after all…

Thank you for the roll back link. Version 2 broke my site as well and I really do not have time to troubleshoot this issue at the moment.

Hi There,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having and sorry for the delay here.

Actually the moderator reply on the topic gets delayed when many members posts on the topic which resulted in pushing back the thread from our no response topic list so i recommend to create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/dazzling/ instead of replying on others thread.

All theme options are now moved to WordPress customizer that you can find in the admin area under Appearance >> Customize. All settings are still there but now you can tweak everything on a live preview. This change is made due to wordpress.org recommendation.

In the latest version of theme the social icons are displayed differently. To create social icons in the latest version of theme please follow the following steps.

1. Create a menu like any other menu in the admin area of your site under Appearance -> Menus .
  2. Use the correct urls in the menu items, so for twitter it must be twitter.com for facebook it must be facebook.com. Otherwise URLs won’t get recognized and you will get squares without icons.
  3. Set theme location for this menu as “Social Links”

Regarding plugin conflict with latest version of theme, Could you please share the page URL from your site where it’s conflicting and tell me the plugin version that you are using on your site so that i can troubleshoot it?

Please provide the conflict information on your own new thread to help keep support thread separates as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi there

I have good news. I was able to fix the mess, at least for my site.
It seems that is all dealing with child themes and php file customization.
In my case I found that release 2.x footer.php is slightly different than 1.x

On top of it I replaced
</div><!-- #content
with

</div><!-- close .row -->
            </div><!-- close .container -->
        </div><!-- close .site-content -->

as well as I replaced below
<?php dazzling_social(); ?>
with
<?php if( of_get_option('footer_social') ) dazzling_social_icons(); ?>

These two hacks let the site and its plugins work again.

Hope this could help someone

Fabino,

Did you make those modifications to V 2.0.0 or 2.0.1

Bam Bam

I made those changes to latest 2.0.1 but I’m quite sure that it works even with 2.0.0 if your previous version is 1.x and you’re using a child theme.
I noticed that all the mess is caused by my old child theme because I rebuilt it from scratch and the site worked well