Visited links color for Sparkling WordPress theme

I have a few questions, but I suppose I’ll start different topics. I did do a search for this one. I can’t seem to find visited links color anywhere in the settings. Do I need some custom CSS? They are currently white, which is really bad. I’d like to go with “the internet standard” of purple. I’m talking if people are on my blog, and they click on a link, which I almost always have open in a new window.

Add this to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS and change color code to one you like better. You can apply any other styling as well.

a:visited {
    color: #800080 !important;
}

Does not work! Doesn’t do anything.

Then please provide with your website URL on exact page/pst where these links appear and I will write more specific CSS

Thanks! http://blog.opencaching.us

I have all sorts of other custom CSS entered, which works fine. Probably all provided by you in the past, actually. :slight_smile:

Hm… could you please add previously given code on Custom CSS field? Right now It is not printed inside your website source and it should be working in your current website setup. There might be that W3 Total Cache is not purged and that’s why changes didn’t take effect.

Sorry, thanks for the help so far, almost forgot about posting here! I have added it back, but they still go grey on a visit.

There is error in your previous added code, so this one is not working.

Your last lines in Theme Options - Custom - CSS should be replace from this:

#secondary .widget .social-icons a:hover {
color: #fff;
}

To

#secondary .widget .social-icons a:hover {
    color: #fff;
}
}

Closing curly brackets was missing from the previous code.

I had noticed that. However, that turns every link I’ve ever visited purple, and I do not like that at all!! I’m talking even the social media buttons, post titles, even my category bars. I was wanting it to change only the links text within posts. If I have to deal with post titles, I could, but I don’t even like that.

You got what you asked for :slight_smile:

Replace previous code with this one which will specifically target post content:

.entry-content a:visited {
}

I guess I did get what I asked for!! But I’m good now, thanks!!