want to move logo to the left of page

Hi,

I have added my logo and I would like to move it to the left hand side of the page. My menu and the logo both seem to have shifted themselves slightly inwards of my page (see attached photo) I am currently working on a stage site and so it is not yet live. I have tried many CSS codes and nothing seems to be doing the trick. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Natasha

Hi there,
Thanks for reaching out.
Relating to your question here, unfortunately there does not seem to be any attachments within this ticket. If possible, you may provide us with a link to the staging site as well as some temporary access credentials to it so that we are in a position to check into this.

I look forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Support.

Hi, thank you for your reply. By temporary access credentials, do you mean a login and password that I will then just change after the issue is resolved? Sorry, I am extremely new to computers in general!

Thanks,

Natasha

Hi, I found a code to do this but it then shifts the logo off of the page when in mobile view, so looks like I will have to leave it where it is. Thanks anyway

HI there

So, is everything ok with you now? :slight_smile:

Do you possibly have a css code for making the logo a bit smaller? I have tried making the file smaller and then uploading but it seems to always load it to the same size which is a little too large… I have added a code to be able to do this in mobile view only, so just need one for desktop view?

Thanks!

Natasha

hi Natasha

can you please share a link to your website? let me see it

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

There isn’t a logo added to the page, also once you add the logo it will appear on the left side of the page.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,
Yes I have taken the logo off as it is currently too large and the website is a company website, so I can not leave it on there while it looks the way it does. And it does place the logo to the left, but it is still very much inward of the left handside.

Thanks,

Natasha

Natasha, is this the same question??? if im not wrong you already have the same question in the other ticket???

Yes there has been a slight cross over. I have started another forum regarding removing my logo from all other pages other than my homepage; however, the css code given to me has removed all other logo’s as desired, but has then shifted my menu inward of the page on all pages other than the homepage.

Css code given for removing logo from all pages other than homepage:
.page .col-sm-4.col-xs-8 {
display: none;
}
.home .col-sm-4.col-xs-8 {
display: block;
}

I then asked same question of changing logo size as that forum was replying quicker than this one and needed to fix issue asap due to it being a company website.
However, the CSS code given to be able to change the logo size on the homepage, has then disabled my CSS code that I use to be able to change the logo on a mobile view layout - which now means that my logo on mobile view is too large and I can not make it smaller.

CSS code given to change logo size on desktop homepage:

.col-sm-4.col-xs-8 img {
width: 96px;
}

CSS code I am using to change logo size on mobile layout:

@media only screen and (max-width: 800px){
.top-header img {
height: auto;
width: 230px;
}
}

Sorry for the confusion - I am just trying to have a logo at the size I want it on my homepage and no other page, as well as being able to change the size accordingly on a mobile device.
(I have currently taken off any logo on my site as it is currently against what the client would like)

Thanks,

Natasha

hi Natasha

please don’t make it even more complicated, keep your questions only in one ticket, duplicate or cross questions is not allowed,
this one is closed