Website not working on mobile

Hi Noda,

I checked my site on different devices and it works fine except on my mobile. It takes a very long time to load and it keeps getting stuck and not loading properly. I contacted my web hosting company and they also tried it and got the same results. Can you please check the site on mobile? https://www.jacquelinevanderpuye.com

Thanks
Jacqueline

hey Jacqueline

Please add this CSS in appearance - customize - additional CSS

@media only screen and (max-width: 992px){
.pace-overlay {
display: none;
}
}

Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Hi Noda

This code worked, but not for all phones. I tried it on my partner’s phone which is a Samsung and it loaded fine, but on my phone which is an iPhone, it still gets stuck and doesn’t fully load. When I click on the blog post the loge gets stretched and it sticks, then completely gets stuck.
Can you help?

Thanks
Jacqueline

Hello Jacqueline

The problem only is in the loading animation, it’s not finishing to fast, it’s waiting for all the content to load, my suggestion is to disable this completely

Good morning Noda,

This problem is still not solved even with disabling the loading animation. In fact, the sticking and slowness in loading seems to be worse now. Now it’s also sticking and slow on tablets. The site does not work smoothly at all.
Please help.

Thanks

Good morning Jacqueline

You need to optimize your images not, they are very heavy, for example, the main hero image is more than 6 MB, this is an incredibly heavy image, you have to optimize them

Hi Noda,

Thank you for the advice on optimising my images…this has made the website faster and now it loads better on mobiles, but I have another problem as the site does not go automatically to the home page on mobile, it goes to the blog page then I have to click view full site to get the whole website. Is there something I need to do for this?

THANKS

Hey there

Sounds great :slight_smile:
Ok, I know it, please deactivate Jetpack mobile theme

p.s. don’t post same question in 2 tickets

Hi Noda

Thanks this has now worked!
I know I shouldn’t post the same question in 2 tickets, but someone else replied to my message so I thought they could help me with both.

Good morning Jacqueline

No problem with that, I just want to be more efficient for you :slight_smile:

Is three anything else?

Hi Noda and good morning!

Thank you for all your support and help these last couple of weeks. All my problems are solved for the time being so there is nothing else for now.

Best to you.
Jacqueline

I will close this case now, Feel free to contact us again if you have other questions

Thanks!