Weird Color Box In Footer

Hey @movin!

There is a weird box in my footer that is a slightly different color than the rest of the footer.

Any ideas of how I can fix this?

See attached.

Hi @jkriggs,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s happening so that i can troubleshoot it?

Best Regards,
Movin

http://www.myworshipmentor.com

I don’t see any weird box in the footer of your shared site and also not in your shared screenshot. Please see my shared screenshot and please advise.

It only shows up when using Google Chrome.

Firefox and Safari don’t show it.

It also resizes as the window resizes.

Any ideas?

I am using Google Chrome browser and the screenshot that i shared previously was from Google Chrome browser.

Could you please try clearing your browser cache and testing it logging out from your site?

This can be child theme issue on your site so to confirm it just temporary use the Shapely theme instead of child theme on your site. If everything works fine then it’s your child theme issue so just share me your child theme so that i can troubleshoot it.

Also this can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Hey @movin! Thanks for your help.

I have cleared my cache and logged out, but the discolored box is still there.

I activated the Shapley theme (not the child theme) and it appears to go away - so I’m guessing the child theme is the issue?

I have attached the child theme folder. I’m assuming that’s what you need?

Let me know!

I used your shared child theme on my test site but still i couldn’t reproduce the issue as shown in the attached screenshot.

Could the issue be related to my custom CSS?

Since I updated Wordpress to 4.7 - I can’t find the custom css option.

Any ideas?

Yes this can be related.

Do you mean the custom CSS used in the theme option on the following path ot using any other plugin like Jetpack CSS?

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Shapely Options -> Other

If it is used by other plugin then please contact the plugin developer regarding this.