Weird Featured Image Display

Hi,

Is there any way I can make the feature images on appear from edge to edge (same width as the text of a post) on the home page and the category pages? For example, in grid mode, they might have the same width as the text below in the category page but when I click to the home page, they shrink in width. Any solutions for this? I’ve deactivated Jetpack because it cropped my feature images, especially the vertical ones.
My website is highonwanderlust.com
Thanks!

Ashley

Hi Ashley,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try achieving this by using the attached small plugin specially developed for you that contains some custom code.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I’ve installed the plugin but see no improvement.

I had this active:
function modify_featured_image_size(){
add_image_size( ‘activello-featured’, 1600, 1600, true );
}
add_action( ‘init’, ‘modify_featured_image_size’, 10 );

I found this somewhere in this forum to allow me to have vertical featured image. It worked perfectly but recently stopped working. Does this affect the one you just shared?

Thanks!

Ashley

Hi,

I’ve reactivated Jetpack but disabled the Photon module in the media section. (I hope I’m doing the right thing)
Some of my vertical featured image (on the home page) are back to normal except for one which appears to be centralised instead of edge-to-edge. Also, on the home page, the top 2 posts (in the single-column section), the featured image are back to cropped mode even if I deleted and reupload the image. I have the above sent plugin installed and activated but no changes. Please help. Thanks!

Ashley

If you want to display non cropped images instead of edge to edge images then please use the attached custom plugin removing the plugin shared above.

Hi Movin,

I’ve done as instructed. Most of the featured images are now not cropped except for the top 2 posts. Please refer to attachment.

Thanks a lot for you help!

Ashley

No the top posts images are not cropped and displaying the same size which you have set for your following posts.

http://highonwanderlust.com/pompompurin-cafe-singapore/
http://highonwanderlust.com/hello-kitty-cafe-singapore/

No, they’re fine on the post page itself. What I’m referring to is just the main page; the feed. Like the attachment I sent in my previous reply. The top 2 posts on the main page are only showing the middle part of the image. It used to be able to show the full image after installing the plugin you shared (I got it from another thread). It just recently stopped showing the full image.

Sorry for the trouble!

Please regenerate the thumbnails on your site using following plugin.

Hi Movin,

It’s fixed! Thanks a lot for your help!

Ashley

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: