What have I done wrong - Dazzling menu works different on each website

Hi,

I recently successfully built and launched a website using Dazzling theme.

I am currently putting together another site again using dazzling and I am having a few problems replicating the menus on the new site, can someone please tell me what I have done wrong.

The first site is: http://www.lowtanswer.com/

The new site is: http://www.bam-web-design.com/bigmango/

What I am looking to achieve on this new site are menus that look and behave exactly like the first one.

When I first started on this new site, I copied all of the custom css from the first site hoping to have to do nothing more than change some color codes, but it just hasn’t happened.

Regards
Bam Bam

UPDATE:

I have spent some time checking everything again with firebug and only got more and more confused about it all.

So I copied everything in the custom css relating to the top menu and dropdowns and pasted it to an editor, then deleted it from the custom css.

I then started to replace parts of it, bit by bit to see just what it was doing, I have managed to achieve a fair bit of what I wanted, but there are 2 things that I just can’t seem to figure out or find solutions to in the forum.

The css I am now using in relation to the top menu and dropdown is below.

ul.nav li.dropdown:hover ul.dropdown-menu {
    display: block;
    color: #fff;
    font-size: 16px;
    padding: 14px 20px;
}

Rather than try and explain what I want to achieve now, have a look at the attached image, it will explain it better, I hope, so just what do I need to add to, or remove from, the above css to achieve the outcome I am looking for ??

Kindest Regards
Bam Bam

Got it all sorted out by myself, but I couldn’t get it to change using the Custom CSS in the Theme Editor, I had to use the Jetpack CSS Stylesheet Editor for some reason.

Bam Bam

Hi Bam,

Awesome great to see you got that sorted out.

but I couldn’t get it to change using the Custom CSS in the Theme Editor, I had to use the Jetpack CSS Stylesheet Editor for some reason.

Could you please tell us the reason why the Custom CSS in the Theme Editor didn’t work for you so that we can improve it if required?

Kind Regards,
Movin

Movin,

I’m sorry but I have no idea why it wouldn’t work.

Bam Bam

Hi Bam,

You can just add the CSS in the Custom CSS setting of the Theme Options and share me your site URL where you are using it of it’s different than http://www.bam-web-design.com/bigmango/ so that i can troubleshoot it?

Regards,
Movin

Movin,

I have already solved the problem and all of my added css is in my styles.css

Bam Bam

Hi Bam,

Yes i know you have already solved the problem. I have posted my previous reply for your following response.

I’m sorry but I have no idea why it wouldn’t work.

Cheers,
Movin

I have it just the way I want it, so there really isn’t anything to troubleshoot now.

Like I said I have no additional css in that section and I won’t be returning to it, thanks all the same.

Bam Bam

Hi Bam,

You are always welcome here :slight_smile:

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!

Cheers,
Movin