Where do I find the tag in the header.php editor?

Hi, please I need to edit the <title> but I can’t seem to find it in the header.php file.

Basically I need to replace this <title><?php wp_title(’|’, true, ‘right’); ?></title> with <title><?php wp_title(’’); ?></title>

I’m having duplicate title tags and it’s bad for my website’s SEO. Any way around this?

Hi @biodun,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The theme doesn’t call wp_title function directly but you can customize output of it by using wp_title filter as described on the below page.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hello Movin,

Thanks for the reply. Please, I’m not really good with codes, I will appreciate if you can help me come up with something in achieving that.

I have tested it on my test site and i am not getting duplicate title tags using latest version of Sparkling theme.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Just deactivated and activated…Hopefully, it works…

You don’t have to just deactivate and reactivate it. You have to deactivate all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

It’s caused by WP-PageNavi plugin for Page navigation in conjunction with Yoast SEO plugin. Since I the theme does not call the title function I have to deactivate either of the plugins.

Awesome great to see you got that found.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!