White spaces while scrolling

Hey @movin,

I ran across the post from @fatspanner and the website (http://weightlossonline.co.uk/) and checked out the website in this post.

I noticed how the first parallax picture was constant and kinda moved with the mouse. very cool!

How can get this effect for my first parralax picture (the one with the fire)! I dont like the effect when i scroll down, and there is also some white space that appears. I want to make sure this white space isnt present.

my website: starghi.com

Hi @sadra,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The theme used on the shared site is different and you have to develop custom code to use that effect in this theme.

and there is also some white space that appears. I want to make sure this white space isnt present.

I think you are talking about the white space displayed in the attached screenshot and you can remove that space by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Shapely Options -> Other

.shapely_home_parallax section.cover.fullscreen.image-bg {
    height: auto !Important;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Hey @movin,

I added the code and it still didnt fix the issue.

When i scroll quickly up or down, white space appears at the bottom of the first picture, right above the the portfolio section.

If you were to quickly scroll up or down, you will see what I am talking about.

I hope there is a way to fix this. I appreciate all your help!

I don’t see it on your site could you please share the screenshot of it as i shared above?

Hey @Movin,

I have attached the screenshot of the white space. The issue arises when scrolling happens still. I tried on different browsers, different computers and different internet speeds and the problem is still there.

Furthermore, I am trying to add a custom white blank page to the theme. I looked online and saw that i need to save this code into a PHP fie using TEXTEDITOR on mac.

`<?php
/**
Template Name: Page with background only

*/
?>
<html>
<head>
<link rel=“stylesheet” href="<?php bloginfo(‘stylesheet_url’); ?>" type=“text/css” media=“screen” />
<style type=“text/css”>
body { background-color: #cccccc; background-image: url(‘http://uffekirkegaard.dk/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/bg.jpg’); background-repeat: repeat-y; background-position: top center; background-attachment: scroll; }
#page-content { width: 800px; margin: 20px auto; }
</style>
<title><?php wp_title( ‘|’, true, ‘right’ ); bloginfo(‘url’); ?></title>
<?php wp_head(); ?>
</head>

<body>
<?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>
<div id=“page-content”>
<?php the_content(); endwhile; ?>
</div>
</body>
</html>

What do I do after this step? I need help.

Thank you

I have attached the screenshot of the white space. The issue arises when scrolling happens still. I tried on different browsers, different computers and different internet speeds and the problem is still there.

I could confirm the issue on your site. I reported this issue to the theme developer on the following page so that it will be fixed in the future version of theme.

Furthermore, I am trying to add a custom white blank page to the theme. I looked online and saw that i need to save this code into a PHP fie using TEXTEDITOR on mac.

What do I do after this step? I need help.

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for your other questions here Shapely - Colorlib Support Forum instead of asking them in your single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread